Questions & Answers
- Answer Only 1 but you can listen all kinds of music wi-fi and blue tooth. I don't play cd's. I listen to IHeart radio... use the app and type the kind of music you want to hear and there's no advertising. I love it!
Questionam fm antennai assume it has a built in am fm antenna , so is there any way to attach an external antenna?
- Answer Thank you for your question. Bose offers a dipole antenna which can be plugged into the back of the radio.
Questionbose cd playerI am looking for a bose cd player that plays more than one cd I need it to be simple to operate since my husband and I are elderly and have no help with electronics which one do you recommend for simplicity and sound
- Answer Hello Peewee. The Wave Music System IV would be a great option for a simple Bose system that plays CDs. We do not sell a multi-CD changer for it, but you could connect any non-Bose multi-CD changer to it using the 3.5mm AUX input on the back. Thank you for the question!
QuestionThis unit shows no speakers on addI already have speakers hooked up and just need the music system box. I want good sound but do not need speakers and wonder if this unit does not require speakers hooked up to it?
- Answer Hello Doc. Thank you for the question. The Wave SoundTouch Music System IV is a standalone system with speakers built into it. It is not designed to power another set of speakers and does not have outputs for connecting to other speakers in that way.
QuestionSYNCING UPIF I BUY A SOUNDTOUCH SYSTEM IV, WILL IT SYNC TO OTHER BOSE WIRELESS SPEAKERS THAT I CAN PUT IN OTHER ROOMS OF THE HOUSE?
- Answer A Soundtouch IV System can be used with other Soundtouch speakers such as the Soundtouch 10, 20 or 30. - Bose Support
- Answer Hello, our Wave Music System IV includes an auxiliary input for connecting other devices like your turntable. A pre-amp is required, some turntables have them integrated or you can simply add one inline. Thanks for the question and have a great day!
- Answer To adjust the system bass response, follow these steps: Press and hold Alarm Setup (Menu) until "-SETUP MENU-" appears on the system display Press Tune/MP3 > 3 times until "BASS-" displays Press Time – or Time + to select "NORMAL" or "REDUCED" Press Alarm Setup (Menu) to exit the menu or wait 10 seconds for the setup menu to automatically exit Note: Selecting "NORMAL" selects the default / normal system bass response. Selecting "REDUCED" applies a bass cut to all source audio played through the system.
- Answer Here is a help article for connecting the Echo Dot with your SoundTouch system: http://bit.ly/2jcxWYM
- Answer Hi Ranger! Great question. The USB port that you see on the Wave SoundTouch IV is used in some situations for initial setup but isn't capable of being used to play music from a USB drive or connected computer. I hope this answers your question! Jeff - Bose Support
QuestionDoes Bose still make a 3-CD changer?I have a Bose Music System which I purchased 8 or 9 years ago. As an add-on I bought a 3-CD changer upon which the main Bose component sits. The main component contains a radio, clock and a single CD player -- all of which are working fine. The changer is not working well -- discs skip, distort, or fail to play at all. I doubt it would be worth fixing it, so I am looking to replace it, but am having difficulty locating some store that sells them. If anyone can give me some suggestions (including the advisability of FIXING the changer), please let me know. Much thanks.
- Answer Hello Bob, We're glad you asked. The Multi Disc Changer has been discontinued as people now seem to prefer Bluetooth and wireless connections. Repair and replacement options are still available. Please call Bose technical support at 800-379-2073 for details.
- Answer There is an auxiliary jack on the back of this system that can be used to connect a turntable. One thing worth checking is whether your turntable has a built-in preamplifier (they will usually say so on the bottom). If not, you can always order a separate preamplifier directly through us or Best Buy to accomplish this.
- Answer Hi Foxy! Glad to hear that you're interested in the Wave SoundTouch IV. This system was engineered to be a standalone music system and there is no connection for a sub woofer. We use a number of proprietary technologies, including digital signal processing and WaveGuide, so the music is reproduced as the artist intended without the need for any additional equipment. We hope you give it a listen! Thanks, Jeff - Bose Support
- Answer You can certainly use the am/fm tuner on this system without accessing the Internet.
- Answer No, this model cannot play from USB.
QuestionCan it be mounted under cabinet?
- Answer Thank you for taking the time to ask a question about our Wave SoundTouch IV. We can't recommend that this be mounted under a cabinet in this circumstance. To enjoy maximum audio performance from your product, we would normally recommend the following: • Place the system across the room from your listening area. • Place the system within two feet of a wall and avoid placing it directly in a corner. • Place the system on a stable and level surface. • Do NOT place your system on top of audio/video equipment (receivers, TVs, etc.), any other object that may generate heat or a metal surface. Heat generated by these items may result in poor system performance or interference with AM reception. • Do NOT use the system in a damp location or any other place where moisture can get inside. • Do NOT place any objects on top of your system. We hope this information helps you find a position that you're happy with!