Questions & Answers
QuestionDoes this interfere with the air coming out of the vent at all? Seems like it would block the air.
- Answer Depends on the size of your phone and the size of your air vents. I close the vent that it's on and the air comes out stronger through the others, negating the one be big blocked
QuestionSamsung S5 question and NFCI have the Samsung S5 phone that has NFC which enables me to use Android Pay formerly Google Wallet. By having a metal disc on the back of the phone would the Android pay still work or would that act as a shield for the NFC chip rendering the Android Pay app inoperative.
- Answer My Nexus 6 had no problem using Android pay with the bracket installed inside my case. However, wireless charging is affected.
- Answer Should . Holds my Galaxy s7 just fine.
QuestionI have a Garmin Nuvi which has a magnet on the back of the existing holder. Much to my surprise, it seems to attach nicely to this vent mount! I bought this for my iPhone but now wonder if I can also use it with my Garmin without harming the Garmin?
- Answer If the Garmin already has a magnet then attaching to a magnet will not interfer with the Garmin. As long as it holds securely then it will be fine.
- Answer yes. I think it is designed to be universal. Disclaimer: I wouldn't buy a mount that is held by the vent. I bought this product and the arms broke off the next day. You may not want to put a permanent mount on your dash, but there are some low profile options out there that are better alternatives.
- Answer My vent in Grand Jeep Cherokee has thinner - narrow vents. Does NOT hold the phone weight in the position they are angled. Be sure to check your vehicle first.
QuestionMy vent mount doesn't work with my Prius vents--it keeps falling out.The clamps don't meet; there is a gap. What should I do to keep it in the vent? Really, it's useless since it falls out every time I go over even the slightest bump.
- Answer I had the same problem at first. I got a screw driver to pry open the clips one at a time while I slid the clips back on vent as far back as they would go. It took a few times messing with it. But it's stayed on ever since. Get a straight head and pry the clip apart as u slide it back. Do one at a time , a little bit each one until it's as far back as it will go. Should work.