Questions & Answers
QuestionIs this powered externally or thru the USB port. If external, does it come with the required power adapter?
- Answer Comes with an external power cord, and yes it does require external power supply.
QuestionDoes this require a software download or purchase? Other reviews for ones like the LG Super Multi Blue Slim Portable Blu-ray Rewriter with 3D Blu-ray Disc Playback say software download required
- Answer I did not have to load any additional software. The unit was recognized by Windows 10 as soon as it was plugged in. I use the unit for writing DVD's, so I would imagine that you need a program that will write and play what is either going to be added to or played from the device. I already had software installed that provided that functionality.
- Answer Yes. On both accounts.
- Answer Yes, the optical drive will work with an Intel Core i7-8650U Processor
- Answer No, this will not work with an iMac 2019 running on macOS Catalina.
QuestionIt is a USB 3.0 and I have USB empty ports but have never bought a USB cable. Anybody know where to get one or what to search for if online, any specific brand? I wish they would leave everything at USB 2.0. Thanks for any help.
- Answer I had the same problem they couldn't find a cable for me at Best Buy. when I arrived back home opened the box the device came with a usb 3.0 cable, how nice!
QuestionSome are saying this won't write to CDs. So my question is, will it or will it not write to CD?
- Answer Yes. It worked well when I tried it. No issues at all.
QuestionHello, will I be able to play 4K Blu-ray movies on this hooked up to my 4K laptop? Do I need a special one to be able to play 4K Blu-ray movies? Thanks
- Answer I tried this using a 4K disk and it didn't seem to recognize the disk for reading or anything else.
QuestionWill this drive work with a Macbook Pro running Mojave 10.14.2? I've had problems with a Pioneer bluray drive and I want to get confirmation that this will work before trying it. Thanks
- Answer Works fine on my mac airbook 2011 but does not burn CDs. Have used it for ripping dvds and blurays only.