Questions & Answers
- Answer No. I have the otter box commuter and have to take the car off. Your better off buying a iPad mini. I had a iPad min 2 that I use for the mavic.
- Answer Yes, you should remove the battery from the Mavic and place it and your other spare batteries each in a lipo safe battery bag. I put data stickers on each battery and bag identifying the voltage and milliamperes indicating that the batteries are under 100wh each and safe to be carried on the airline and not in checked baggage. I do inform TSA that I have acceptable low wattage lithium batteries in protective battery bags with taped connector tabs in my carry on bag or case. I have not have my batteries denied for airline carry on travel in the USA on 8 flights in the last year.
- Answer The battery life is 27 minutes.
QuestionIf the DJI flies beyond 1000 feet from the operator, what happens? Does is automatically come back?
- Answer You can configure the range of distance in the return home feature to whatever you want the max distance to be. The Mavic pro can fly much further than 1000' from the controller/operator. If the drone loses signal during flight, it can automatically return to the point of take off.
QuestionDoes a battery come with the regular Mavic Pro? Not referring to the "Fly More" package, just the regular $999.00
- Answer Yes, the basic package comes with the controller, one battery, battery charger and Mavic Pro... the fly more combo is the one with extra batteries, carry case etc...
- Answer Buy it, then goto a State Farm insurance agent (not valid in CA). Tell them you want a Drone policy. Will cost $30 for a year, covers EVERYTHING, just bring your receipt. You dont need to have any other policy with them.
- Answer I suggest you check bestbuy website every hour lol. Atleast that's what i did for about 4 days. I was able to catch it at 7AM CST yesterday. I had it shipped one day delivery! Since it was a Sunday so it will deliver tomorrow. Excited :)
QuestionIs it easy to fly
- Answer Yes it is fairly easy to fly - but I strongly recommend watching several YouTube videos on how to prepare your drone for the first flight, how to fly the drone (with the controller) and how to update the software before flying your drone for the first time!
QuestionWhat's the difference between the Mavic Pro Quadcopter with Remote Controller and Mavic Pro Quadcopter Fly More Combo? When I compared them it only showed the model number and sd card.
- Answer To answer your question, see below. You also may want to visit the manufacturer site. The Mavic with Remote, you get the following: Aircraft （Intelligent Flight Battery and Gimbal Cover included） ×1 Remote Controller ×1 Charger ×1 Power Cable ×1 Propeller Pair ×3 Gimbal Clamp ×1 Micro SD Card (16GB) ×1 Micro USB Cable ×1 RC Cable ( Lightning connector ) ×1 RC Cable ( Standard Micro USB connector ) ×1 RC Cable ( USB Type-C connector ) ×1 RC Cable Slider ×4 The Mavic Pro Fly more combo you get the following accessories in addition to above: Battery charging hub Additional props Car charger Batteries x2 (a total of 3) Shoulder bag Battery to power bank adapter
QuestionHello one question does it include the battery as well or do you have to purchase it separately.
- Answer Yes the Mavic Pro does include one battery, but if you want to buy spare batteries thay're a bit on the expensive side at about $90.00.
QuestionCan someone give me the rundown on the camera? i notice it specifically states it comes with a gimbal clamp but does not specifically say it comes with the camera. What is the camera and gimbal that comes with it... or do they come with it?
- Answer boudreaupaul, the Mavic comes with a built-in and proprietary 3-axis stabilized 4K camera. The gimbal clamp described is to secure the gimbal during transport and storage.
QuestionHow quickly does it setup to fly? Like from backpack to taking a selfie, how much time does it take? Fairly fast/simple to do a group shot from start to finish?
- Answer Easy to setup, 3 or 4 minutes, but to do it properly, you should establish a check list similar to airplane takeoff. This will be to confirm your settings and avoid accidents or crash. Would say total time would be less then 10 minutes, but time well spent
- Answer Yes, Android is compatible. However be warned as of 3/18/17, the Android devices and the DJI app are inherently unstable. Creashes/freezes. Weather that is an App problem or an Android problem, I don't know. But Iphone/ipod doesn't have that problem.
QuestionWhats the difference between the Mavic Pro Quadcopter and the Mavic Pro Quadcopter Fly More Combo????
- Answer In addition to the MAVIC PRO Quadcopter, the Fly More Combo also comes with 2 extra batteries, 2 extra pairs of propellers, a battery charging hub (not the advanced model), 1 car charger, 1 battery to power bank adapter and the DJI shoulder bag. There are a lot of videos on youtube that go through the details of unboxing the Fly More Combo (for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcmcLq6uOxY)