Questions & Answers
- Answer Hi Cashbuyer! Once the set temperature is reached your air conditioner will shut off. -Thanks!-
- Answer The energy rating on the other one is better. The FFRE1233S1 is a ratio rating of 12.0 with an estimated cost of $90 per year while this one's rating is a 10.9 and costs an estimated $99 per year.
- Answer This unit weighs 73 pounds.
- Answer Hello Bobby! The air conditioner FFRA1222R1 requires a minimum window dimension of 23 inches. Anything smaller can cause improper installation for the air conditioner. We hope this information is helpful to you. –Thanks!-
QuestionDoes this unit have the expandable side panels to make it fit into the window perfectly or do I have to buy that separately?
- Answer Hey Red! The air conditioner FFRA1222R1 comes with the adjustable side panels for tighter installation. We hope this information is helpful to you. –Thanks!-
- Answer Hi, RonHot. Our model FFRA1222R1 mounting kit consists of the following items: ½’ screws (7) 2 lock frame (For Vinyl-Clad windows) 2 lock frame lock frame 2 (For Wooden windows) 1 sash lock 5 weather seals 1 window sash seal form Currently, we do not sell the mounting kit as a set, however, you may purchase each item. Our team will be happy to assist you; we can be reached at 888 203 1389. Our phone lines are available Monday through Friday from 8am-8pm EST and Saturday from 9am-6pm EST. Hope this helps. Regards-Derrick
- Answer The amps usage on this unit is 9.5 amperes of current.
QuestionGood morning when will you have more frigid air-conditioner 12,000 btu in the downtown store looking for 3
- Answer Hello, Please contact the manufacturer for the answer to this question Thank you
QuestionLooking at using this on a boat. What is the MAX inrush current at compressor start-up? Will it run on a 2000 max-watt inverter/generator?
- Answer Hello! This model is a 12,000 BTU unit and will use about 1200 watts per hour. The startup wattage will likely be closer to 2,000 watts, so we may recommend getting a smaller model to avoid maxing out your generator. ~Ashton
- Answer Hey, Suz! The vents on the model you selected can be adjusted both up and down as well as side to side. ~Courtney
QuestionIs Best Buy's Frigidaire model FFRE1233U1 the same as or different from Walmart's Frigidaire model FFRA1222U1 window air conditioner unit? Both are 12,000 BTU, they look alike, but I can't tell the difference online. Walmart's is top rated.
- Answer Hello, Please contact the manufacturer for the answer to this question. Thank you
- Answer I just measured mine, compressing the accordion sides, and I think your 21" window is two inches too narrow. It might go in a 23" wide window... maybe.
- Answer Hi James! Being that this particular model is unable to be install through the wall and built for window installation only, it does not require a wall case. Hope this helps! -Thanks!-
QuestionWhat is the advantage of having Frigid-AC 12,000 or 6,000 BTUs? Is it related to size of home sq footage or power and efficiency? How do I select the best amount of BTU for my needs? Approximately 400-500 sq ft upstairs and total 1560 up and downstairs.
- Answer Hey MommaBear! The difference in BTU’s will vary depending on the square footage of the space. A 400-500 square foot can require an air conditioner of 10,000 BTU or 12,000 BTU. A space of 1,560 requires a bigger BTU such as 25,000. Hopefully this information is helpful to you. –Thanks!-