Questions & Answers
QuestionDoes the Fenix 5x Plus have music storage? If so, is it compatible with Amazon Music (like the Fenix 6 Pro)?
- Answer Yes, the Fenix 5 Plus is compatible with Amazon music and has the ability to store music on the watch directly
QuestionOnce the rechargeable battery no longer accepts a charge, will Garmin replace the battery, at a fee of course? Is the rechargeable battery user replaceable? I had a previous Garmin tracker that I absolutely loved but once the battery died, that was it.
- Answer The battery is not user replaceable. Garmin would have to place it.
Question!) My husband is a musician, he plays the conga drums, I so I was wondering if the watch Shock resistant? 2) is the watch Sweat and waterproof?
- Answer The Fenix 5X Plus withstands pressures equivalent to a depth of 100 meters with the water rating of 10 ATM. It is suitable for splashes, rain or snow, showering, swimming, diving into water, snorkeling, high-speed water sports. For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our Support Center, https://support.garmin.com/en-US/. Thanks Jenny
QuestionWhat is biggest difference between fenix 5 and 6 series? Does fenix 5 track swim metrics and have pulse detector that works under water?
- Answer Here is a link to compare the devices: https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/catalog/product/compareResult.ep?compareProduct=603267&compareProduct=641479& For more information contact us at email@example.com or visit our Support Center, https://support.garmin.com/en-US/ Thanks Jenny
QuestionIt is issuable just like my vehicle Garmin? And does it have vehicle height and weight selections like truck mode in my Dezi770? Thanks
- Answer It is not like your Dezl 770. The Fenix 5X is an ultimate multisport GPS watch with full-color TOPO U.S. mapping, routable cycling maps and other outdoor navigation features. For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our Support Center, https://support.garmin.com/en-US/ Thanks Jenny
QuestionI have only seen the Fenix 5x Plus with the black band. Do the other bands (white, orange) fit this model?
- Answer Hi Duxmaster16, Yes, other Fenix 5X and 5X Plus bands will indeed fit this model.
QuestionIs the calorie burn as inaccurate on this one as on the Felix 5? Or has that issue been resolved?
- Answer I input my age and my bodyweight. I get the impression it tracks heart rate at various levels of activity, and, uses this data to determine calories expended on a real-time basis. It seems to be accurate to me. I have been wearing the watch 24/7, except when I remove it to recharge the battery every 10 or 12 days. I bought the watch about 3 weeks ago, more or less. I hope this helps.
QuestionCan you load topo usa maps on to the Fenix 5 or 5s, or is it only available preloaded on the 5x plus? If so what is the cost? Can you load satellite photo images?
- Answer Topo maps can not be loaded to the Fenix 5/5S, only to the Fenix 5X and Fenix 5 Plus series. For more information contact us at email@example.com or visit our Support Center, https://support.garmin.com/en-US/. Thanks Jenny
QuestionDoes this watch have any Of the same features as the instinct tactical?? Like Projected waypoint or share trek info
- Answer yes it has them both
- Answer This tracks everything from steps, to Heart rate, stairs climbed, time seated, and so much more. And that is just the daily tracking. When it comes to performance- it does everything one needs for running, biking, swimming, and so much more. I love it for all its performance options and really like the daily tracking of my avg. heart rate. Warns me if I am over training, getting sick indicator, etc
- Answer This watch is great,... A nice improvement over the Fenix 3. I have the Epic too. I love the Fenix 5X so much, I'll sell the others! Awesome watch for all activities.
- Answer All fēnix 5 series models can support smart notifications when paired with a compatible device. Receive emails, texts and alerts right on your watch – whether you're on the trail, on the golf course or simply away from your desk. For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our Support Center, https://support.garmin.com/en-US/. Thanks Jenny
QuestionI've had a Garmin Forerunner 225 for 5 years. The wrist heart rate monitor is not very good. Is it improved on the top end Garmin watches?
- Answer The heart rate monitor on the fenix 5x seems much improved. It is validated using other devices including a chest strap and oura ring in my personal testing.