Questions & Answers
QuestionIs the GPS built in? Is this watch too large for women? Can it be worn as an everyday watch also?
- Answer It is not too big for women . I wear my watch everyday
- Answer Both models have GPS and built-in optical heart rate monitoring. A few of the extra features that the Forerunner 235 has include additional running features (VO2 Max Estimate, Recovery Advisor, Race Predictor, etc), smartwatch functionality (smart notifications, music controls, etc), Connect IQ app store access, and GLONASS for increased GPS accuracy. -OA
QuestionDoes the 235 forruneer download music from your phone? Can I use my bluetooth headphones to listen to music?
- Answer The Forerunner 235 does not have the ability to download and store music. When paired with a compatible smartphone, the Forerunner 235 can control the music player app on your phone.
QuestionDoes it have a bikeing setting or do you have to go to garmen connect and change. I mostly run but mountain bike all so I am looking at the vevoactive hr
- Answer The forerunner 235 and vívoactive HR both have a cycling profile. This option is best used with our bike speed/cadence sensor. The bike speed/cadence sensor is sold separately. ~JH
QuestionHow well does this work for hiking? I want to track the distance. I see it can track your run but will the run mode work for hiking?
- Answer I used this for a 17 mile hike at Killington in VT. It was right on with our map.
QuestionSizing? Is there a size for the Garmin 235? Is it one size fits all? My wrists are tiny... just worried that it will be to big.
- Answer The watch band is one size. I am petite and have tiny wrists as well, and it's not too big. On its tightest setting, I have 6 additional holes.
QuestionDid anybody have issues with a dark screen? I just got mine and can barely read it whether indoors or in the sun, and the back light barely does anything at all. The screen doesn’t look anything like the pics. Old forerunner 25 was brighter.
- Answer I returned mine for that reason. See my recent review. Marketing photos are very deceptive. I’ll stick with my Apple Watch
- Answer No. You can only view the notifications and messages like emails and Tweets but not answer them. It's kind of annoying when they pop up back to back and your watch sits there vibrating back to back. By the way, if you have a high volume of notifications it will eat up your battery life. -MeggaTRoniX
- Answer Yes. As log as gps is enabled the watch will display your race pace and that display can be customized to display other data such as total distance, total time, lap split, mile split, and your heart rate.
- Answer The Forerunner 235 has the ability to display smart notifications such as app alerts, text messages, call notifications, or emails. Depending on phone settings, the device can display alerts from apps such as Instagram, letting you know of comments on a post. It does not have the ability to display information like a phone or web browser.
QuestionI understand it has a heart rate monitor, does it constantly track your resting heart rate though out the day the way that the vivosmart HR does? Also, can I change the type of work out I want my watch to track from the watch?
- Answer Yes, the optical heart rate sensor will track 24/7 for you, unless you turn it off. It also has a broadcast mode, so you can send your heart rate to other compatible devices. You can change your preferred activity directly from the watch - running, cycling etc. You can also set up custom activity profiles. \tw/
- Answer The optical heart rate feature measures blood flow to estimate the beats per minute of your Heart Rate. All of our Optical Heart Rate watches work this way. They will not measure blood pressure and the HR monitor data is not intended to be used for medical purposes, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or condition.
QuestionHow does the Bluetooth work? Do I need to buy wireless headphones too that connect to the Bluetooth on the watch or can I plug my headphones into the watch it self?
- Answer The Forerunner 235 uses Bluetooth Low Energy to connect and communicate with a compatible smartphone. The Forerunner 235 does not connect to Bluetooth headphones.
QuestionDoes this track other fitness activity besides running like yoga, swimming or circuit training?
- Answer You can run the activity through "Other Activity" and then adjust it once you have synced with Garmin Connect. However, if you are looking for multiple sports at a lower price point than the Fenix, I would suggest the Vivoactive HR that has a huge library of sports tracking built in and is also cheaper than this watch.
- Answer The Forerunner 235 does not have an option to automatically pair with the Strava app. It is possible to manually upload activity files from the Forerunner 235 to the Strava website, or you can pair your Garmin Connect account with Strava. This will allow any activity uploaded to Garmin Connect to be automatically synced with Strava.
- Answer The Forerunner 235 would be compatible with heart rate monitors that use ANT + technology. The Garmin brand Heart Rate Monitors would be able to pair with the Forerunner 235.