Best answer: I have been talking with Bestbuy and Garmin customer service off and on for 3 weeks about this issue. Finally today after being on the phone for nearly an hour a Bestbuy rep said I could buy it through Summitracing and have it shipped 12.22.15. I know this is not true because the Vivosmart HR is only sold through Bestbuy until 1.1.16. (This was confirmed from a Garmin rep when I talk to them after talking to Bestbuy today.) When I asked if a Bestbuy rep could call or email me with an item availability updated; I was told no, placed on hold and disconnected. (after being on for an additional 20+ minutes)
As of today what I do know:
1. Bestbuy (US) will not give an estimated ship date.
2. Garmin can not sell you, me or anyone a Vivosmart HR regardless of size (until Jan 1st 2016)
3. Only Bestbuy can sell the Vivosmart HR XL (until Jan 1st 2016)
4. The Vivosmart HR XL will only be available ONLINE through Bestbuy (until Jan 1st 2016)
5. No one at Bestbuy is able or willing to answer any specific questions about this issue.
6. Contacting a Bestbuy store is the same as contact customer service. They don’t know the answer (that goes right up to the manager)
7. Garmin reps will listen but have answers or control regarding Bestbuys ordering or distribution.
8. At Bestbuy Canada the Vivosmart HR XL is available for pre-order with a release date of 12.18.15. BUT only for shipment in Canada
Finally after 3 weeks of hearing “I need to check the Bestbuy website” or “call Bestbuy for updates,” a Garmin rep said they would see what the hold up was and email me by the end of the today with an answer of some sort. (we’ll see)
I have very little faith that the Vivosmart HR XL will be available at Bestbuy anytime soon.
By Aron NYC
Sorry, there was a problem. Please try again later.