Questions & Answers
- QuestionDoes this have a downdraft or does it require an overhead vent fan? (2 Answers)Answers
Hi cjpk1206- We are excite to hear of your interest in our smudge-proof Slate finish! The range does not have downdraft venting. While a vent hood is not required by GE, it is recommended. Vents help to effectively remove smoke, grease, odors and moisture from the room. We suggest to check local codes for any venting requirements. Check out our GE® 1.9 Cu. Ft. Over-the-Range Sensor Microwave Oven JVM7195EKES equipped with cooktop lighting and 4-Speed 400-CFM Exhaust Fan to remove smoke, steam and odors from the kitchen. Or GE® 30" ENERGY STAR Certified Under The Cabinet Hood JVX5305EJES. EASY INSTALLATION- 10 minutes or less by one person. Play Video: https://www.youtube.com/embed/nrqTMMN9feA?rel=0 - The stone-inspired Slate finish blends impeccably with today's materials and colors. The dark matte appearance also naturally hides fingerprints, smudges and dirt, so it's delightfully easy to maintain. Learn more and view our Slate collection at: http://www.geappliances.com/ge/slate-appliances.htm - SUEatGEA
- QuestionHello Wendy, Previous questioner asked about 30" width vs the 31.25" width. You said the cooktop was 31.25" and the body of the unit 30", but you didnt say if the cooktop starts higher than 36 inches. Will it fit a space 30" wide with counters 36" high? (0 Answers)
- QuestionIs there a drawer under the oven for storage? (2 Answers)Answers
Hi Koidama- Yes, the range is equipped with a lower storage drawer ideal for storage of your cookware. If you need a venting system, check out our GE® 1.9 Cu. Ft. Over-the-Range Sensor Microwave Oven JVM7195DKWW equipped with cooktop lighting and 4-Speed, 400-CFM Exhaust Fan to effectively remove smoke, steam and odors from the kitchen. We hope this is helpful. With so many choices, we are always glad to help make your shopping experience a bit easier! SUEatGEA
- QuestionI have a question about the width of the range. Our current one is 30" and 5.6 Cu. Ft. This one is also 5.6 Cu Ft but the stovetop extends a bit on each side and has a 31 1/4" width...is this where the width difference comes in?? Is the oven width 30"? (1 Answer)Answers
- QuestionIs there a broiler in this oven? (2 Answers)Answers
Hi Leslie- This is Sue at GE Appliances. We are excited to hear of your interest! Yes, the oven features Broil Hi/Lo. The Broil Hi-Lo pad gives you the capability of reducing the oven temperature during the broil function. Hi Broil: Functions at 550 degrees Fahrenheit. It gives a quicker broiling to sear in natural food juices. Lo Broil: Functions at 450 degrees Fahrenheit. It gives a slower broiling to ensure doneness without drying out the food. On gas models, the gas flame height is the same for Hi and Lo Broil. The flame will cycle off more often when set to Lo Broil. Thanks for checking with us!
- Questiondoes the heat exiting the oven exit in front or in the rear of the range? (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionCan I make beef jerky in convection oven (1 Answer)Answers
- QuestionWhat is the lowest temp for the convection oven (1 Answer)Answers
Hello - this is Nancy at GE Appliances and I am happy to help you. The lowest oven temperature is 170 degrees F. The reason for 170 degrees F being the lowest temperature is because food is more susceptible to bacteria when kept warm using lower temperatures. I hope this helps! Thanks for checking with us!
- QuestionCan this range be used with LP gas? (3 Answers)Answers
- QuestionCan quartz countertops be damaged by the heat from this stove? (2 Answers)Answers
Hello retired - this is Nancy at GE Appliances and I am happy to help you. All cooking products meet UL (Underwriters' Laboratories) safety standards. Underwriters' Laboratories have evaluated external temperatures for ranges and have communicated the acceptable external temperatures for a range product. Surfaces below 36" can get as hot as 182 degrees on plastic surfaces. We recommend checking with your countertop maker to verify the countertop can withstand these temperatures. I hope this helps! Thanks for checking with us!
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions