Questions & Answers
QuestionHow does it work with 2-story home? If it is switched from one floor to another, does it need to do a recon again before it can run?
- Answer The recon mode is always optional, for the unit will do some recon as it works if just auto clean is selected. However, to make best use of some of the advanced features, you should use recon mode first. For a two story house, I would recommend buying two units, so each can have their own home base station. If you only want to use one, then I would use recon mode for the main floor only (the floor with the charge base,) and auto clean mode for the other floor. They also just released an update, so you can install it easily with their free app if you want too. Also, if you do purchase two units, their app already has options available to work with multiple units.
QuestionDoes this vacuum function better on wpa or wpa2 also does it need aes or tkip? I have 3 I’m my home now and can’t seem to keep them or get them connected to a new router I just got. Old router fried so can’t see what settings I had before.
- Answer Please contact Hoover Cordless at 888-679-2121 during business hours: Monday to Friday 9 AM to 6 PM EST
QuestionCan this vacuum handle a soft Smartstrand carpet that is 0.7" High? I have heard some of the robot vacs can only handle low-pile carpets? My soft carpet needs a gentle suction, and a higher beater bar. Can I program that into the app?
- Answer If the Rogue 970 BH70970 Robot Vacuum is able to move on the surface, it will clean that surface. The Vacuum is more likely to clean surface debris in deep pile carpets. The cleaning performance will vary from carpet to carpet. The best results will be on hard floor or low pile.
QuestionI broke the sponge part of the filter. What's the replacement filter model#? Or other alternative filter? Or is it still ok to use the filter without the sponge part? Thanks.
- Answer This vacuum uses Hoover filter number AH79002.
- Answer It works well on both types of floors. It can transition easily between both.