Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $649.99
The regular price is $999.99
- Answer Yes, you can install a Max 32GB of DDR4 2400MHz RAM (2x16GB). There are two slots and there is currently one 8GB module installed.
QuestionI saw on one review that the touch pad can't be disabled. I prefer to use a mouse - so, is this true? The touch pad can NOT be disabled? Thanks, Susan W
- Answer I like to use a mouse without the touch pad also. Just go into settings, look for touchpad, and turn it to off.
QuestionHow much is the Battery life of this Laptop ? I saw in specification that it has 4 cell lithium ion battery, but there is no mention of battery life.
- Answer Not much i have to recharge every 4 hours
- Answer Upgrading does not void the warranty unless you tear or break any internal seals with warnings on them that say they must be intact.
QuestionCan the battery be charged and the computer powered from an external source through the USB-C port? Thanks.
- Answer Yes, you can charge this laptop with the USB C charger. There is one included in the box. You can also charge your smartphones and other devices through the USB C port. Here is more info on the USB C port on this laptop: 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C (5 Gb/s signaling rate, Power Delivery 3.0, DisplayPort 1.2, HP Sleep and Charge)
- Answer The laptop weighs 4.52 pounds.
QuestionIf I want to upgrade the RAM from 8gb to 16gb, what especifications must have the other 8gb chip in order to be compatible?
- Answer This laptop can be upgraded to 32 gigabytes of RAM. There are two slots in the laptop. Right now, there is a 8 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM RAM stick installed. It is suggested to match that speed which is DDR4-2400 or to install a pair of the same RAM sticks.
QuestionI just bought this laptop and really like it, but can't figure out how to download apps for things like Hulu. I am not a gamer so I don't have an Xbox One account. Is there some other app store I can go to?
- Answer Hulu and other video streaming services can be used directly from their websites. If you wish to download the apps you would use your Microsoft Account and log into the Microsoft Store on the device.
- Answer Yes, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge are built into Windows 10.
- Answer No, the computer will not support that.
- Answer This model does not have a traditional snap/lock-in style docking station; those that do are part of the EliteBook and ZBook series. You can use a port replicator/hub!
- Answer It is recommended to have 16 gigabytes of RAM for editing 1080p video. 8 gigabytes would let you edit smaller projects if you close all your programs. Keep in mind that Adobe programs require a lot of RAM due to the graphic intensive programs. The laptop you are looking at can be upgraded to 32 gigabytes of RAM. The i7 is the right processor to consider using with Adobe programs.
QuestionIs it possible to connect this PC to the internet via a cable connected to my Cable Modem, i.e. NO wireless connectivity? If so, what accessories would I need?
- Answer Yes it is, I purchased a j5create - USB 3.0 Mini Docking Station to accomplish this. Plug the mini dock into the USB Port and then the ethernet cable from your modem into your mini dock.