Questions & Answers
- QuestionDoes this laptop run games with no issuses? (4 Answers)Answers
Well, yes, the laptop will play decade old games like WoW with no problems on maximum speed. It's so fast you could run 2 WoW's at the same time on ultra settings! Speaking in terms of relatively new games, I played the following on high-ultra settings at 1920x1080 pushed out to my TV with HDR enabled in GeForce settings. The new Tomb Raider Resident Evil 7 Battlefield 1 The Witcher 3 Skyrim Remastered Final Fantasy XIV online It WILL push games at 4K (Tom Clancy's The Division), though I had to have most settings at medium/low for decent frame rate. I just use this system to game at 1920x1080. It WILL run all of the latest and greatest games for the next few years. If you want something to really blow through al games with max settings and max resolution, get yourself a laptop with the GTX 1070 or 1080 ... be prepared to pay a lot more though!
- QuestionHow customizable is this laptop? Could I upgrade the RAM and graphics card myself? Is there room for an M.2 ssd along with the HDD (which I would want to replace with a SATA III ssd)? (2 Answers)Answers
I just bought this same machine myself. As far as how customizable it is you can upgrade the RAM easily, there is a slot for an M2 SSD along with the HDD (cover is a bit tricky to take off but once off the board is nicely organized). Found a good deal on Amazon for an M2 Crucial 528 GB SSD for $149. However, the graphics card is integrated into the board and is not something you can easily change out. It does not have the GTX 1050 as a separate card connected via PCIe. One really good part to that though is that they have a GREAT cooling system! Good amount of tubing and heat sinks integrated across the board and as much as I have gamed on it so far it has not gotten very hot.
- QuestionDoes this model feature a built in solid state drive? Hp hardware specifications mention it however, no other website does so. (4 Answers)Answers
This particular model does NOT have an SSD (Solid State) ... it mentions a 1TB HDD ... that is a mechanical and slower hard drive, though there is a slot for upgrading it with a secondary SSD to use as your primary or secondary drive for games/programs (I recommend using the HP backup tool to create a USB backup image, then using that image to reinstall windows with all of its drivers and so forth to a SSD you upgrade to, and keep the 1TB 7200RPM mechanical drive for storage).
- QuestionIs this laptop good enough to run multiple programs or multiple windows at once? (3 Answers)
- QuestionWhat is the name of the graphics card and how much video memory does it have? It says it is a GTX 1050 with 4GB RAM on Best buy, but according to nvidia's website the 1050 only has 2GB RAM. Is this different because it is a laptop or what? (Confused) (2 Answers)Answers
I just purchased this recently, and there is a reason they say "Only @ Best Buy" ... this is one of the only laptops with a true 4GB of dedicated physical RAM for the GTX 1050 card (this is not the 1050TI). You have 4GB of onboard physical RAM, and 4GB of virtual RAM. Please see the screenshot I took. The only thing this laptop is missing is the M2 SATA SSD to go along with the 1TB 7200 rpm drive that it came with, and a bump up to 16 GB of RAM, though it does allow up to 32GB of RAM.
- QuestionWill this laptop run overwatch? (3 Answers)
- QuestionCan this laptop run games like player unknowns battlegrounds,csgo,gta v and call of duty? (2 Answers)
- QuestionIs the Windows 10 on this laptop 64-bit? I must have 64-bit to run what I need. (2 Answers)
- QuestionDoes it play SCGO and battle ground with no issue? (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionCan this laptop run Spintires or other simulator games like it well? (0 Answers)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions