Questions & Answers
- QuestionWhat is the advantage of the i5 core over the i3 core? (1 Answer)Answers
i3 - great single core performance, decent multitasking, excellent for budget gaming i5 - About the same single core performance as i3(in some cases worse, in some cases better), much better at multitasking, video rendering, and high end gaming(with the best video cards available)
- QuestionDo you need to purchase speakers separately with the Pavilion Wave or is the sound that this produces good enough? (2 Answers)Answers
I tested the demo model at the local Best Buy. It has good volume and decent fidelity for use at a computer desk or in a small office, MUCH better than a standard internal PC or monitor speakers. A little weak on the bass but that wasn't surprising. It has good volume and decent fidelity best for listening to background music, talk radio, or watching casual TV & Youtube type stuff. It would be very good for making Skype-type voice or video calls or for a digital assistant like Cortana. If you are into hi-fidelity music, action movies, or action games, you would probably want external speakers with a subwoofer. If you were in a larger living room or family room and using it for Netflix etc., you would definitely want an external speaker system or sound bar.
- QuestionAnyone know why specs on the I-3 model is 3.2 ghz while the upgraded I-5 is only clocked at 2.2 Ghz? If it is because the I-5 is a dual core, does that mean that it is still a slower computer since each core can still only run at 2.2 ghz. (1 Answer)Answers
I believe this boils down to an analogy of work performed and not just speed. Because the dual core processors can simultaneous work together, even though their slower individually, their processing say 1.5 to 2 times the information. So l look at the total processes performed and see that in essence the slower dual processors working in tandem are performing the work equivalent to a single 3.3 to 4.4 Ghz. And that leads to the reason why they invented Quad-core chips. Many "robots" working together in synchrony to move many more processes faster. And if you harnessed the power of many chips performing in this way you'd have a "Super Computer", which is essentially the way they operate, at least on simple terms.
- QuestionDoes it come with a power supply and if it does it should say that on the page for it (3 Answers)Answers
- QuestionCan I use a tv that has hdmi on it (2 Answers)
- QuestionDoes the Wave have a speaker input jack, so an outside source can be plugged in and use the on-board speaker for sound? (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionIf i hook the Wave up to my smart tv via hdmi would i then be able to navigate thru certain apps (like YouTube) using the mouse and keyboard that come with this? (1 Answer)
- QuestionIs 1tb hard drive + 128 SSD Is this two saperate hard drive ? (1 Answer)
- QuestionIs the operating system 32 or 64 bit? (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionCan the single stick of 8GB RAM be switched out for and support a stick of 16GB RAM? Or, is there a version of this computer that comes by default with 16GB? (1 Answer)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions