Okay, so after a couple of hours trying everything I could find to fix it, I gave up, then tried it one more time:
* First, I turned off & forgot all Bluetooth it connected to.
* I took off both earpieces & cushions, let it set in the charging base for a couple minutes, tapped each 7 times, right then left, then let it set for 10 seconds.
* Bluetooth still off, take the earbuds out of the case [mine were still blinking separately from each other]. I held both buttons for 10 seconds & they blink off.
* Tap them again to flash them on, then tap 3 times & hold until they both flash, & they should both be flashing blue & white, then they start blinking white more in sync, until they're paired to each other.
* Turn on Bluetooth, & they should both connect when you pair it to your device.