Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $189.99
- Answer Seems the older models do, newer ones do not. I found it to be very useful since I keep mine on the counter under a cabinet. Now I need to use a little flash light to see what the water level is. Not sure as to why they made this change.
QuestionThe keuring coffee machine comes with the universal reusable filter?, or do I have to buy it apart if I want to brew my ground coffee!?
- Answer No, it didn't come with it, but you can buy the re-useable Keurig-style pod thing at a grocer store and fill it with ground coffee (photo attached).
QuestionI have a K575 I knocked off the counter once (looks all beat up but it still works). I would like to replace it with a newer model but I need to know if the new ones have that stupid optical sensor that makes sure you use "genuine" K-Cups.
- Answer Actually you can use your own coffee with the k cup you can buy as a accessories..this one does not have that sensor...
- Answer To use your own coffee you must purchase the Universal k-cup reusable pod. For this Keurig you must remove the lower portion of the plastic pod that clips on. See the paper instructions that come with that pod. You must also pop out from the coffee maker the plastic assembly that holds the pod in place while brewing in order to use this reusable pod. The older reusable pods will not work with this coffeemaker as they are too tall to fit. That is why the new reusable pod has the clip-on piece so that it can fit both sizes of machines.
- Answer A carafe would do no good with this unit since it has no heating or warming plate. As soon as your CUP of luke warm coffee finishes brewing it begins a cool down. Warm coffee yum. I used a piece of Duct tape to keep the drain tray in place. Poorly made piece of plastic. Quite disappointed in Keurug. The unit is programmable but who wants a tepid cup of coffee.
- Answer Thanks for your question! When programming the clock on the K-Elite coffee maker, there will be a small "PM" shown at the end of the time during the PM hours. There will be a blank space after the time during the AM hours. Hope this is helpful but if you need further assistance with programming your K-Elite, please contact our consumer care department at 866-901-2739 to speak with a representative for assistance.
QuestionIf I find this same product at a retail store for a lesser price will that work for a price match?
- Answer Yes. I did. Found it at Walmart cheaper, bestbuy matched it no questions asked AND I still received the promotional gift card regardless. No problems or hassles at all.
QuestionI looking for the Keurig like the original ones that was with more medal than plastic the last longer is this one? They were more durable for me. And does this one come in red?
- Answer Thanks for your question. The handle and the drip tray of the K-Elite coffee maker are made of real metal with a chrome finish. The K-Elite does not come in red.
QuestionDoes this make a quality cup off coffee? I like a strong cup. Have owned Keurigs before. Little suspect of their build quality. They place a premium on efficiency over quality. Thanks. Tony
- Answer This unit has a strong brew button and it definitely works. I notice a much deeper coffee flavor when I use it. Now I use it with my dark roast before I drive long distances and I only need one cup for a four hour drive.
- Answer Our K-Elite coffee maker features an auto-on setting to set the exact time your brewer turns on and heats up every morning. We hope this is helpful!
QuestionI’m reading the K-Elite comes with a water filter....is that correct? What type of water is recommended? My research shows conflicting opinions very confused!!!
- Answer It comes with a filter and it lasts up to three months. And after that you can buy more filters at target or bestbuy, just ask for keurig water filters and they should be able to get them for you.
- Answer Depends on use. Bought one of the Keurigs that makes lattes and it lasted under a year. Probably did 3-4 cups a day on avg. Still bought another Keurig but purchased Geek Squad protection, like around $30 for two years. Odds are it'll die within that time frame so new Keurig for $30 instead of $100+.
QuestionAre the dimensions accurate? I have an older K575 that appears to be smaller and it has a slightly larger reservoir and will accept a carafe.
- Answer Hi Mike, the dimensions of the K-Elite coffee maker are 9.9"W x 12.7"D x 13"H. We hope this helps!