Questions & Answers
- Answer Hello and thank you for your question. To descale your system, you can use the following steps: Step 1: First Vinegar Rinse • Fill the Cold Water Reservoir with 10 oz. of undiluted white vinegar. • Place the ceramic mug on the Drip Tray. • Lift the Handle, but do not add a K-Cup® pack. • After 5 seconds, lower the Handle. • Press the flashing blue BREW Button. It will flash red and then turn solid red. • Once the vinegar is dispensed, discard hot contents into sink. Step 2: Second Vinegar Rinse • Pour the remaining 10 oz. of vinegar into the Cold Water Reservoir. • Place the ceramic mug on the Drip Tray. • Lift the Handle, but do not add a K-Cup® pack. • After 5 seconds, lower the Handle. • Press the flashing blue BREW Button. It will then flash red. • When it turns solid red, power off as it starts to dispense. • Allow brewer to sit for 30 minutes. • Power on the brewer, lift and lower the Handle, then press BREW Button. • Once the vinegar is dispensed, discard hot contents into sink. Step 3: Fresh Water Rinse • Fill the Cold Water Reservoir with 10 oz. of fresh water. • Place the ceramic mug on the Drip Tray. • Lift the Handle, but do not add a K-Cup® pack. • Lower the Handle and continue the brewing process until the hot water is dispensed into the mug. Discard hot contents into sink. • Repeat this cleansing brew process three (3) more times to cleanse the brewer plumbing and to remove any residual vinegar taste. The brewer is now ready for normal use again. If you are still having problems with your brewer, we suggest that you contact our consumer care team at 866-901-2739. We hope this information is useful!
- Answer Hi Patty and thank you for your question! The K15 Brewing System will brew 6 oz., 8 oz., and 10 oz. in under two minutes. We hope this information is helpful!
- Answer You can use your own coffee if you purchase one of the coffee filter pods. This doesn't support the K-Cup 2.0 reusable filters so make sure you purchase the older one.
I would recommend:
- Answer Hi and thank you for your inquiry. There is no difference in features or functionality between the Keurig K10 MINI Plus Brewer and the Keurig K15 brewer. We recently introduced a comprehensive packaging update for this brewer, and we needed to update the model number to ensure a seamless transition into the new inventory. We hope this information is helpful.
- Answer Hello Kathy and thank you for your question. We suggest that you reach out directly to Best Buy regarding questions on pricing and availability. Our retailers are responsible for setting their own pricing and inventory so they would be better able to assist you. We hope this information is helpful!
- Answer Hi Rosebud and thank you for your question. The K15 Brewing System makes your beverage hot. The factory setting is 192 degrees Fahrenheit (89 degrees Celsius) for K-Cup pods. We have found that this is the optimal brewing temperature for the K-Cup. We hope this information helps.
QuestionHave a K-15 Classic and recently purchased a reusable filter, however, the filter is fatter and doesn't fit the regular pod holder?? AAny suggestions??
- Answer Hi and thank you for your question. You may need to remove the K-Cup Holder from your brewer in order to use the reusable filter. We hope this information is helpful.
- Answer Hi Jen and thank you for your question. You can rest assured K-Cup pods do not contain BPA and are constructed using only industry standard products that meet or exceed Food & Drug Administration guidelines for product safety. Keurig brewers produced after January 1st, 2010 do not contain BPA within the water paths and are constructed using FDA approved food safe materials. We regularly review the components used in our products to ensure that they are safe and meet or exceed applicable FDA standards. We hope this information is helpful.
- Answer Yes it's essentially the "OG" original model with a faster heating element and 4 cup sizes rather than 2.
- Answer Welcome to the world of Keurig. Cheap pieces of junk that work for a few months, then just stop. Shoddy garbage. Hope you overpaid on a protection plan, if not, sorry, you're screwed.
QuestionMy Keurig k15 recently started to have a kcup explosion at the end of some brewing! Small hole on top of kcup was a nickel size hole and grounds all over. I’ve de-scaled and cleaned well twice, also checked hole needle is not plugged. Can this be fixed?
- Answer Hi Debi, in this case we strongly suggest that you contact Consumer Care at 866-901-2739. We're here to help and we want to get you back to brewing!
QuestionI just bought a used mini and when making my first cup of coffee grinds came out in the coffee obviously not well cleaned. How do I get that to completely run clear of grinds??
- Answer I had the same issue a couple of times when using mine. I started to slowly push the handle down and ease the needles into the kcup and I haven’t had any other issues with it. Hope this helps, Lis
- Answer Hello and thank you for your question. We'd be more than happy to assist you with your K15 coffee maker. At your earliest convenience, please contact our consumer care team at 866-901-2739. Our representatives are available seven days a week from 7:00 am to 10 pm, Est. We look forward to your call.
- Answer Keurig sells a reusable kcup. :)