Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $224.99
The regular price is $299.00
Questionmy son will need to be able to take pics and videos to upload for his schoolwork. I see this has a webcam, but does it have capability to take pics and videos?
- Answer Yes. You can take still photos with the webcam and record video. Here is a link to more information about taking photos and recording video with the camera on a Chromebook: https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/4487486?hl=en
QuestionCan you play roblox on it?
- Answer I purchased this Chromebook for my son and he is able to play Roblox on it. The only issue he has experienced is that the touch screen is disabled when playing Roblox. The touch screen on my daughter's Acer Chromebook works fine with Roblox.
QuestionCan a wired mouse be used with the S340. If so, what slot does it plug into and what type of connector is required. Thanks
- Answer Yes, you can use a wired mouse with the Lenovo S340-14 Chromebook. There are two standard USB 3.1 ports available on the S340-14 Chromebook to connect a mouse to.
- Answer This is a Chromebook. It uses Google Docs for office type programs. Google Docs is completely compatible with Microsoft Office Programs and this is a free service through the Google Server. If you must have the actual Microsoft Office Programs, you can purchase Microsoft Office 365 for this Chromebook at the Google Play Store.
QuestionDoes the screen fold all the way back to be used as a tablet? The pictures don't show it as such.. Thanks.
- Answer No, it folds back flat. So if you placed the laptop on a table, the screen can fold down to touch the table but no further.
QuestionIs this like a 2 in 1 chromebook ( where u can use it as a tablet), like where you can flip the screen into tablet mode?
- Answer No. The Lenovo S340-14 Chromebook does not have 360-degree hinges on the screen. This model just works as a traditional laptop. It does not flip into tablet mode.
QuestionCan I play Minecraft on it?
- Answer That will depend on the requirements and compatibility of the specific game. The Lenovo S340-14 Chromebook uses the Chrome Operating System and is compatible with the Google Play Store and the Chrome Web Store APPs. We recommend you check with the game's software publisher's web site for their compatibility with the Chrome operating system and the minimum/recommended hardware requirements (Is a Graphics card required, the processor speed and the minimum required system RAM and the minimum available hard drive space) to run their program, then compare those requirements to this system's configuration.
QuestionI want to confirm that this is touch screen and has a webcam. The title says touch screen but I don't see that is the description.
- Answer Yes it is touch screen and has a camera.
- Answer Try resetting your Chromebook: https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/183084?hl=en. If the issue continues, we recommend you call Lenovo Tech Support for Chromebooks at: 800-426-7378.
- Answer Yes, you can turn off the touchscreen feature on the Lenovo S340-14 Chromebook. Here is a link to instructions: https://support.lenovo.com/it/en/solutions/HT507174
- Answer Lenovo Laptops come standard with a 1 year manufacturer's warranty that covers against defects.
QuestionThe S340-14 touch will not power on with or without the power cord being plugged in. Would this have anything to do with the power supply board inside the case? If the power cord is plugged in I have a green light on but once you unplug the cord it goes
- Answer Here is a link to some troubleshooting tips for a Chromebook that will not power on. If the issue continues, we recommend you call Lenovo Tech Support for Chromebooks at: 800-426-7378.
QuestionIt will not load camera for picture of school work. But when I sign on it with adult non-school account the camera will open. I have followed direction and it wont work for the kids to take picture of work and send to teacher.
- Answer We recommend you consult with the teacher for instructions as to what exactly is needed from the students and how to go about creating it on a Chromebook.
QuestionI purchased a Chromebook C340/S340 on July 3. Is there Antivirus software on it? If so what kind?
- Answer All Chromebooks receive anti-virus protection through the Google Server for free.