Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $629.99
The regular price is $699.00
- Answer There are two easy options to upgrade storage. The first is to use a Micro SD card. By going this route, you can easily add storage capacity in a way that is compact and portable.. The second option is to add an external USB hard drive. I own this Chromebook and have been blown away by its blazing fast performance speed! Solid state hard drives do not have the large storage capacity of older hard disk drives, but they make up for in speed, smaller size and lower weight.
QuestionDoes this model have a backlit keyboard? Lenovo site says it does. Best Buy says it does not. Will an owner please answer? TIA
- Answer This model does not have a backlit keyboard.
QuestionI notice 2 USB C ports on it, & i believe one USB C port is for power adapter, but not sure what the capabilities are for other port C. Just to connect phone and possibly charge it ? can i use USB C to HDMI convertor and output HD or possibly 4K ? help !
- Answer Both of the USB C ports can be used to power and charge this device. This gives you the flexibility to use which ever side is closer to the plug.
QuestionDoes the $699.00 version come with the following, A) TPM security chip?, B) Backlit keyboard?, C) flush mounted Sd card port?, D) Touch screen monitor?, E) If touch screen monitor, optional touch screen pen to purchase? Thanks.
- Answer There is no TPM chip on this Chromebook, security is handled on the Google server. No backlit keyboard. Part of the Micro-SD card will slick outside the slot on the device. There is a touch screen but it is not compatible with an active pen.
QuestionI unerstand this SKU does not come with a stylus. Is there a stylus that is supported or offered by the manufacturer? Third-party or otherwise?
- Answer No...I tried some universal aftermarket Stylus and the screen didn't support it.
QuestionDoes this model support Linux apps? (must be enabled in the settings as shown in the attached image)
- Answer Sorry, Lenovo Product Expert. I asked about Linux apps, and not about Google Play Store apps. And thanks to the reviewer of this laptop, who noted the presence of Linux apps on this model.
QuestionThe specs for the model number shown do not match those shown on Lenovo's website. This is being advertised with the processsor and ssd of the UX model (this is the US model) Please verify the processor and SSD of this model.
- Answer Model number 81JX0000US ships with the Quad-Core/Eight-Thread Intel Core i5-8250U processor and a 128GB eMMC SSD hard drive.
- Answer This is a Chromebook. It uses Google Docs for office type programs. Google Docs is completely compatible with Microsoft Office Programs and this is a free service through the Google Server. If you must have the actual Microsoft Office Programs, you can purchase Microsoft Office 365 for this Chromebook at the Google Play Store.
- Answer There is a 1-year limited manufacturer's warranty, covering OEM issues. The Yoga C630 Chromebook will continue receiving updates from Google through June, 2024 according the Google Automatic Update Policy. Here is a link to more information: https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/6220366?hl=en
QuestionIs it possible to install a larger SSD in the Lenovo - Yoga C630 Chromebook, I don't mean ram , I mean SSD?
- Answer No. The eMMC solid state hard drive is soldered to the motherboard.
QuestionAre smart pens (eg, Lenovo Active Pen 2) compatible with the Lenovo C630 Chromebook? On Best Buy's website, the Lenovo C630 Chromebook page includes "add ons" / suggestions / customers also bought etc. ... And one of the items is a $99 Pixelbook pen.
- Answer No. The Lenovo Yoga C630 Chromebook is not compatible with any active/digital pen.
Questioncan a Lenovo Yoga C630 2 in 1 touchscreen chromebook and samsung SE65 Series LED FHD monitor be connected together. If so what adapter do I need?
- Answer Hello, that will depend largely on the Connection the monitor takes.
- Answer Outs dd not come with a stylus, but I hear that they are compatible with them and work very well as an add on to this Chromebook. We plan to buy one for ours.
- Answer Yes. I use it for War Robots. Performs well, but does get a little hot and uses more battery.