Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $299.99
QuestionAre the disc games on my son's Xbox 1 transferable to the new series S or would you need to purchase the series X to keep playing since it has a disc slot?
- Answer Xbox Series S is an all-digital console and not compatible with Xbox game discs. If your son has a collection of Xbox One games on disc that he would like to play on the next-generation Xbox, we recommend getting Xbox Series X.
- Answer According to Best Buy policy, when you place your pre-order they’ll authorize your form of payment with your bank, which results in a temporary authorization hold. After a few business days, the hold should be automatically released and the funds returned to your account. Shortly before release day as your order begins final processing for shipment or store pickup, they’ll reauthorize your form of payment, resulting in another hold. Once your order ships or becomes ready for store pickup they’ll then collect payment. Please note that pre-orders placed using PayPal are processed differently, and are charged immediately upon placing your pre-order.
- Answer November 10th will actually be the release date. It has not yet been released so there is no way for it to be “re-stocked” but we are not yet aware of the exact time it will be released.
QuestionHoping to get this for my son before Xmas. He already has an Xbox One at mom’s house with a 1 year Live Gold membership. Will I need to buy another Live Gold membership for the new console or can he use current membership on both consoles?
- Answer Thank you for your question! Your son's Xbox Live Gold membership will transfer to his new Xbox console when he logs into his account.
QuestionWhat the difference between the xbox 1 x and the new xbox series x? Is it really an upgrade? if so how?
- Answer Yes. It is a significant upgrade. The Xbox 1 X cannot do 4K at 120Hz or render raytracing graphics. The Xbox Series X can do up to 8K and render raytracing graphics. It also has a solid state drive, upgraded cpu and gpu, meaning it is more than twice as fast and powerful as the Xbox 1 X. The Xbox 1 X will eventually become obsolete as it won't be able to run future games as they will continue to advance in detail and performance demand.
QuestionDoes the Xbox Series S have an external storage port? If so can I use an external SSD- say 1TB?
- Answer Thanks for asking! Yes, Xbox Series S has an external storage port that is compatible with the 1TB Storage Expansion Card for Xbox Series X/S from Seagate. For more information, go here: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/seagate-storage-expansion-card-for-xbox-series-xs-1tb-solid-state-drive-nvme-expansion-ssd-for-xbox-series-xs/6425015.p?skuId=6425015
QuestionPer my son's request he apparently NEEDS this upgrade from his Xbox 1. What is the difference between the Xbox series X v S?
- Answer Thanks for asking! Both consoles deliver next-generation capabilities powered by the Xbox Velocity Architecture, such as faster loading, the ability to seamlessly switch between multiple games with Quick Resume, richer and more dynamic worlds, and frame rates up to 120fps. The primary difference between the two consoles is that the Xbox Series X displays games at native 4K, comes equipped with a UHD Blu-ray Disc player, and 1TB of custom SSD storage. Xbox Series S is designed for disc-free gaming at 1440p (with the ability to upscale to 4K), with a custom 512GB SSD. And, of course, they're priced differently. Both consoles have the option to expand available custom storage via the Seagate Storage Expansion Card.
QuestionHi, I purchased xbox series s digital..how do I purchase games and will they be saved to box to play forever once I buy it or will they have to be rebought? Will I need to buy any other pieces of equipment for the system to work? 1stgame for daughter.
- Answer Congrats on your new XBox Series S and thank you for your questions. Digital games may be purchased from Best Buy or directly through the console's online store. Games you purchase will become permanently connected to your Microsoft account and will follow you when you upgrade to your next Xbox console. This bundle has everything your daughter needs to get started gaming (except for a monitor and Internet connection).
- Answer Thank you for your interest in Xbox Series S. Due to high demand, Xbox Series X/S consoles may not currently be in stock. But don't worry, we're working hard to make more available on a regular basis. In-stock notifications are not available for this product, so we recommend checking back with Best Buy regularly for updates.
- Answer Thank you for asking! No, Xbox Game Pass membership is not required to use Xbox Series S. Games may be purchased digitally to play on the console.
QuestionSo I have a Xbox one x and I'm thinking about upgrading to the Xbox Series S. My question is can I move all my games I have downloaded off the xbox x to the series s with a compatible hard drive. Or do I need to get a special type of hard drive.
- Answer Thanks for asking! Yes, you may transfer games from your Xbox One X to Xbox Series S using a standard external hard drive. Please note that Xbox Series S is an all-digital console and is not compatible with disc-based games, or games installed from disc on your Xbox One X. If you want to play disc-based games, we recommend getting Xbox Series X instead.
QuestionCould I take my external hard drive that was plugged into my Xbox one and use that to transfer and play the games on the Series S? Also do the Xbox one controllers also work with the series S? Thanks
- Answer Thanks for asking! Yes, you may use your current external hard drive to transfer games to Xbox Series S. While games that have not been enhanced for Xbox Series S may be played directly from this external drive, enhanced games must be installed on the console's internal SSD. For a full list of games that are optimized for Xbox Series X/S, please go here: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/optimized Xbox Wireless Controllers designed for Xbox One are also compatible with Xbox Series X/S.
QuestionWill USB external drives, like the Seagate game drives and the 5TB Seagate backup plus that I am currently using with my Xbox one S, work with the new Xbox Series S? Hard pass if not. Thanks.
- Answer Yes, external hard drives that work with Xbox One will also work with Xbox Series S. Please note that games optimized for Xbox Series S/X must be installed on its internal SSD to play, however games not optimized may run off of the external drive.
- Answer Both Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S deliver next-generation capabilities powered by the Xbox Velocity Architecture, such as faster loading, the ability to seamlessly switch between multiple games with Quick Resume, richer and more dynamic worlds, and frame rates up to 120fps.
- Answer Thank you for your question. Xbox Game Pass is not required to enjoy Xbox Series S (though we definitely recommend it!) To play games online, you may need an active Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership. Please note that free-to-play games such as Apex Legends and Rocket League do not require Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.