Questions & Answers
- QuestionDoes this have a back lit keyboard? I see the different colors on the side of keys of the keyboard, just didn't know if it was the color or the back lit color... Thanks! (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionI am debating on buying this Laptop for my son who has an HTC Vive (VR system). But I'm not sure if I should buy this one, or the Alienware - 17.3" Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 - 1TB Hard Drive + 128GB Solid State Drive. (2 Answers)Answers
My son wanted to buy the Alienware Laptop as well. It is a well known name in the gaming world. I did some research on his behalf. The GTX 1070 vs 1060's benefit is if he was going to game at 4k. He isn't, perhaps your son isn't as well. Based on this one fact I recommended the MSI. The MSI matched up in every other important category as the current Alienware, is cool running and cool to look at/show off. If you are looking at the clearance Alienware laptop, it has a 6th Gen i7, the MSI has a 7th Gen. i7 processor and costs less. You pay a premium for the Alienware name. He bought the MSI and is very happy. A very cool, capable gaming laptop and several hundred dollars more in his wallet. My $0.02 worth
- QuestionI heard the MSI laptops heat up a bit. Would a cooling pad help with keeping the temp down? (3 Answers)Answers
As I'm typing this on my MSI Apache with the 17" screen, I can tell you, in absolute honesty, that this is the coolest running laptop I've ever owned...despite its incredible power. I had some initial problems with my first MSI computer, purchased from Best Buy. After two appearances at the Geek Squad desk they managed to resolve the issues I had with my original 15.6" screen MSI Apache with this new computer. It's been terrific. It truly is an absolutely COOL laptop (I'm speaking of temperature here). My previous high-powered gaming computer was an ASUS and I couldn't run it for any length of time without a cooling pad. I've opened the computer case to install a 1 terrabyte solid state m.2 drive. You would not believe the heat sink in this unit. It's incredible and impressive! I've had this computer on for at least 9 straight hours and it's absolutely cool to the touch without a cooling pad. I don't know who mentioned that it ran "hot" but this has been the absolute opposite of my experience. I love this laptop!
- QuestionCan someone please make a list of games and how much FPS they run? Thank you very appreciated (2 Answers)Answers
- Questioncan this computer run bf1 gta 5 arma 3 and dayz on high settings and better with no problem (2 Answers)
- Questionthe NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 is 3GB o 6 GB? (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWhy does it say in the description that this has only 8gb of ram but in the specs it says 16gb? Which one is it really? (2 Answers)
- QuestionHello folks. Am I able to play on this laptop without a battery and only with the charger plugged in? (1 Answer)
- QuestionIs the keyboard on this computer a chiclet keyboard or mechanical? I cannot stand flat chicket keys anymore , no depth, no spring. The keys on this computer appear to have some depth to them. Can someone describe to me what this keyboard is like? (3 Answers)Answers
I write about 5,000 words per week and needed a quality keyboard. MSI has come through. My one complaint is the difficulty of finding the shift-required symbols that are above the number row: !@#$... Keys aren't the conventional size (they are close to it, with slight rounding) but I love their slight bounciness. The LED lighting is customizable and not in my eyes as I type. I don't get a chicklet feel. The brand of the keyboard is steelseries (Engine 3.) It's etched on the surface. I like the fact that MSI allows best of breed surface space on their machines for brand identification. I also like the pride that comes from owning quality products, something which should be shared by both the maker and user. Keyboard is clearly a big deal. The build quality is very much relevant. A lot of attention to detail has been put into my MSI.
- Questionbuilt in g sync? (2 Answers)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions