Questions & Answers
- QuestionI am looking for an all purpose lens to travel with so I don't have to carry around multiple lenses. Will this be a good fit for my Nikon D3100? Also, how heavy is it? I looked at the 18-300mm and did not like the weight of it for traveling. Thanks. (3 Answers)Answers
- QuestionIs this lens good for taking action sports shots from far away? (3 Answers)Answers
It depends on the conditions you will be shooting in.... This has a great zoom range BUT a variable aperture of 3.5-5.6 Unless you're only shooting outdoors in daylight I would take a serious look at an 80-200 full frame lens with a 2.8 aperture which will give you about 2 more stops for light. Say you're shooting a basketball game in a school gym and you're getting a shutter speed of 1/150 with the 5.6 lens you would get 1/600 shutter speed changing to the 2.8 lens. That's the difference between blurred motion and crisp shots. Nikon has one for around $1,000 and another around $2,000 with VR (which you won't use for sports anyway).
I Would Recommend:
- QuestionIs this lens compatible with the Nikon D60? (2 Answers)
- QuestionWould y'all recommend this lense to take full body photographs with a blurry background ? Like for maternity sessions ? (1 Answer)Answers
The Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Standard Zoom is a beautiful and versatile lens but for the pleasing out-of-focus affect to the background that you are looking for, you will want to get a lens with a fast aperture. Try something like the Nikon AF-S AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G Standard Lens which provides complete depth-of-field control for isolating your subject and creating stunning portraits; both full-body and close-up.
- Questionplace of manufacture (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionIs this the same lens as the last published on the Nikon Website? (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWill this work with D5000 or D7000 (2 Answers)Answers
- Questionwill this work with the D3000 (2 Answers)
- QuestionWill this lens work on a D7100 or D7200 and would it work well for taking wedding picture inside and out. I was told it would be the best one to have what would be your recommendation?? (3 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes it have USA Warranty? (3 Answers)Answers
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions