Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $809.99
The regular price is $899.99
QuestionI noticed that the description only stated it having; 2 extra batteries, 2 month adobe, Drone, Remote and large travel bag. Does this include the original Anafi equipment; 16GB SD Card, Blade Mounting tool, USB-A to USB-C Cable and 8 additional Blades?
- Answer Yes. It has a total of 3 batteries, 3 c cables, 16 gb sd and comes with 8 additional blades with tool. The set has everything you will need to get up in the air. You use your phone charging cable to connect the phone to the controller. I purchased an 8" phone charging cable which works great. I also purchased a 256 gb micro sd card.
QuestionDoes this drone feature real time, live video streaming to your phone while operating it or does it just have recording capabilities?
- Answer Yes live view for up too 2.5 miles
QuestionIs this 2 more batteries as shown (with another one powering the drone) or just 2 total in pkg? I assume the latter. Nice deal either way but 3 would be excellent!
- Answer Yes a Total of 3 Batteries in the "Fly more" Combo. You get about an hour and a half (Maybe a little less) in air time between the 3 batteries. Great purchase !
QuestionBest Buy lists the service ceiling as 4500' above sea level. The Parrot site lists 2.7 miles. Which is it? Since I live at 8750' elevation, this is critical to me.
- Answer I'm not sure it's a sea level limitation. I've flown mine when I've been at over 10,000 (starting) feet in the rockies and it could have gone as high as I visually//safely would fly it. 4500 simply not accurate.
QuestionDo you have to specifically buy the thermal Anafi to have the Thermal imaging? Or is an in APP purchase? Is the Parrot Skycontroller 3 the controller that comes with this package? Is there an extended flight controller, "signal booster" that is sold sep?
- Answer My experience with Parrot is they offer their packages "non-upgradable." I have the straight Anafi and wanted to purchase the new FPV glasses. I have the Bebop 2 FPV also and always preferred the #2 style glasses which are more compact. They refused to sell them out of the package deal. Likewise, the Anafi FPV Glasses 3 are not available separately. (But I have recently found an "identical" off-brand pair online and with slight modification will operate just like theirs.) My point being, Parrot is not interested in allowing users to "upgrade" their drones by selling other than repair parts. I could only assume buying the TI cam from them would be impossible. It is not an "in-app" mod. I believe the camera and software for that purpose are built in to their singular product and will never be for sale separately. That's not to say a third party won't come up with a solution but I wouldn't waste my time begging' Parrot for it!
- Answer No. This drone, like most, is not water resistant, nor can it be submerged. It is not advisable to fly any drone in the rain unless it has an "IP" rating for water resistance. Parrot makes the Anafi USA, which is a military-purposed drone that looks similar but is water resistant, has thermal imaging capability, and costs 7 thousand dollars. Keep this one dry.
- Answer Yes, but you may need to purchase a "large device" or "tablet" adapter online. I use a Samsung S9 Plus which is large, and I purchased an aftermarket "3d printed" adapter that slips over the antenna portion of the controller. It holds my phone much more securely.
QuestionHi, the drone returns alone ? Autonomía ? It’s similar phantom 4 ? I’m Writting from Argentina . Thanks
- Answer Yes, the Parrot Anafi has 'return to home" feature that will fly the drone back to its start of "launch" location if signal is lost or the battery life is too low. Be sure to get a good GPS signal prior to takeoff to be sure it returns to the proper location.
QuestionThe specifications calls for no GPS in this model while the black model does. Is it correct? what difference will make having or not having a GPS?
- Answer The Parrot Anafi does use GPS for positioning. That may have been a typographical error. You can fly the drone without GPS, but you will not be able to use any of the automated flight features, and there will be no "return to home" option if you lose signal or your battery gets too low. Always get a good GPS signal before takeoff to minimize these risks.
QuestionCan I use my Pixel 3 phone with this drone? I already ordered and paid for it, so I certainly hope so. The Rep that sold it to me said everything in the picture was included.
- Answer Yes, it set up and worked perfectly with the Pixel 3. Love it, love it, love it.
- Answer The drone has automatic "return to home" (RTH) which can be manually activated or automatically, in the case of lost signal or low battery situation. You do need to get a good GPS lock before taking off to be sure the RTH location is set. If not, you'll get a warning on screen that no precise RTH has been set. You simply land, get a good satellite signal, then take off again.
QuestionAm I missing somthing because in the specs it says wireless range is 13000 ft but how come it starts cutting out around 1000?
- Answer Legally, you can only fly 400 feet elevation in the US (even less if you're in controlled airspace.) You can fly with "visual line of sight" laterally. Getting your Part 107 FAA drone license is a great idea to learn about the laws when flying a drone. That being said, wi-fi interference is common with drones in residential/urban/commercial areas. You can try switching to the 5.8 ghz settings in the FreeFlight app which takes away all the 2ghz channel options (which is where most of the wi-fi interference comes from.) The range listed by manufacturers is only valid in areas with zero interference (farm land, etc.) Also important to try different channels if you're operating in the 2ghz range. You can download an app for your phone that will show the best wi-fi channel in a given area. Antenna angle is also important...be sure the "face" of the antenna is pointing at the drone at all times. Lastly, you can purchase an aftermarket range extender from alienware that replaces the antenna in the Skycontroller 3. It may void your warranty, so be very careful if you choose to do that. They offer a simple extender for about 150 dollars, or a powered booster for a bit more.