Questions & Answers
- RIG 800LX
Your price for this item is $149.99
QuestionHey so I have my plantronics 800 headset and the light doesn't turn off after its been charging for more than 8 houra When I'm at work, and everytime I get back and put them on it says the battery is at medium. Idk what I'm doing wrong.
- Answer Just bought a pair an hour ago. I can't charge them at all, the light doesn't even go red. I have tried using my laptop, the Xbox and a phone charger with three different cords which all work on other devices and nothing. I'm super mad.
- Answer Yes, you can! My note 9 comes with a type c to usb adapter, use this and plug the Rig usb receiver into your phone and connect that way. Its bulky and dumb but it works.
QuestionWhat is Dolby atmos? And is their a subscription for it? Why is there an activation code for this?
- Answer Dolby atmos is like the new around sound, it's been called as artificial full 3d sound because sound comes from all directions, artificially; you should YouTube a vid to see how they do it. Regarding the subscriton, no, it does not require a subscription. The code is to download an "APP" from the xbox store so the headphones work properly, it's like the software for the headphones to do their job right. So no, you don't have to pay monthly or anything, just use the code in the xbox store to download that app and you should be good to go. Hope I was able to help!
QuestionHelp!My 800lx has a lot of distortion when there is bass.Especially when i try out the Dolby Atmos trailer in the Atmos App.Its also at low volume and every EQ Setting.Also the Voice monitoring isnt present but its advertised on PTs homepage.
- Answer This is easily corrected by turning the chat volume (top volume dial) on the headset down as low as you can go without losing your content's audio, then adjust audio according with the bottom volume controller. This headset acts like other headsets I've seen where your game/movie/TV shot audio comes through on the chat channel as well. Doing this makes SIGNIFICANT improvements in the Dolby Atmos audio.
- Answer It does. It works on the pc setting rather than the console setting.
QuestionWhen you plug the charging cable into the headset a light turns red and stays red while it is charging. Is the light supposed to change to a different color when it is fully charged? My light turns off after it has been charging awhile.
- Answer No , the light stays on to indicate the headset sees external power and there is no indication when charging is complete. You would have to power the headset on and listen for the "Battery High" dialogue.
- Answer Yes, it sounds amazing. And they are super comfortable.
QuestionMy headset after like 5 seconds of charging it the red light turns off and when I try to turn it on it says “power on power off” even after I charge it for like 2 hours like is it dead or something?
- Answer I'm having the same exact problem. Let me know if you see this, how you got it fixed
QuestionIs this compatible with a macbook pro? My son has a macbook and was wondering if these would be a good gift for him.
- Answer Yes! I bought these to use for work and gaming. For me, that means an XBOX One X for games and a Macbook for work. If it's a newer MacBook he is also going to need a USB-C to USB adapter. The headphones come with a small adapter they use rather than Bluetooth.
QuestionHow do they connect to a PC, are they still wireless? Do they sound as good when connected to a pc? Thanks
- Answer Yes they do connect to PC, the small DAC it comes with has a switch for PC.
QuestionOn the Xbox one are these fully wireless for chat? Or do you still have to plug into the controller for the mic to work? (Downfall of most wireless headsets)
- Answer You don’t have to plug them into the controller it’s all wireless. You plug the Bluetooth device into your Xbox an when the light come on it will be red at first but once you turn on the headset it turn to purple and it also tell your battery strength and let you know your connected
QuestionWhy won’t my headset pair to my pc? Like I can’t set the little box thing to pairing mode for some reason. Anyone know what to do?
- Answer It doesn't pair. It only works with the box, there is a switch to select the PC or Xbox and a connect button on top, just plug the box into a different USB port, make sure it is switched to PC and turn on your headset. Should just work. No pairing cause no bluetooth
QuestionCan you connect them with iPad somehow or watching tv without being connected to Xbox? I want to use them to play Xbox and for watching tv etc. Thanks!
- Answer No, our RIG 800LX SE is only compatible with the Xbox One and computers as it can only transmit and receive sound using the included wireless adapter. Please don't hesitate to contact our customer care group at www.plantronics.com/support if you have other questions!
QuestionIs there a way to further turn up the volume of the headset through the xbox one x? It doesn’t seem that loud when turned all the way up on the headset itself
- Answer Turn it up on your Xbox settings. Usually is on 50%
- Answer Hello Rob, you are able to adjust the size of headband by changing the ear cups to a different option on the headband, the available sizes are Small, Medium and Large, perhaps adjusting the fit may make it more comfortable while wearing glasses. If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate in calling our Customer Care group at http://www.plantronics.com/us/support/contact/
- Answer Our RIG 800LX can be used by any device that supports standard USB audio devices including Windows 7 computers, however, Dolby Atmos is only supported on Windows 10 Creators Update and later. Please don't hesitate to contact us at www.plantronics.com/support if you have other questions!
QuestionI bought these for my xbox One X and used the Dolby Atmos code for the app. However when I go to my xbox sound settings I can't select Dolby Atmos. It will only let me choose stereo compressed or Windows Sonic for Headphones. What am i doing wrong?
- Answer Did you download the Dolby Atmos Application on your xbox. In there it will turn on the Atmos. Also make sure your headphones are turned on before turning on the xbox. Doesn't connect correctly sometimes. If so, leave headphones on and reset xbox. They're awesome headphones
QuestionWill these connect to the ps4? I like the silver colors but the one for ps4 is blue and grey and has a different design on it
- Answer Yeah there's steps in the instructions to connect to a ps4.
- Answer Hello Tray! The USB transmitter is required for the RIG 800LX SE to work, because of this the headset is mainly for PC or Xbox. If you have any further questions feel free to contact our Customer Care group at: http://www.plantronics.com/us/support/contact/