Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $2,915.99
The previous price was $3,239.99
QuestionWe are replacing our 2016 Samsung 4 door unit with this newer model because of ice maker and electronic issues. Has Samsung figured this unit out and is it reliable. We have 6 home visits in these 2 years on the 2016 model.
- Answer We had 5 repairs needed 2years, each time we were without ice 7-10 day waiting for parts etc, and after much going back and forth Asurion finally admitted it’s unrepairable.
QuestionDoes the Flex drawer allow you to set the temp to freezing? (i.e. expanding the freezer space).
- Answer Hey Yoguru! The FlexZone has 4 settings to choose from: Wine 41°F (5°C); Deli 37°F (3°C); Beverage 34°F (1°C); and Meat 30°F (-1°C). ^Jecca
QuestionHow many gallon milk jugs can fit in this fridge? Is the top shelf tall enough to store milk?
- Answer When I first looked at this refrigerator I was convinced that the holders in the right-hand door that offers the easy grab feature wouldn't hold a gallon of milk. It seemed far too narrow. But two gallons will fit in there easily.
QuestionIs the freezer supposed so have a small shelf on the drawer? Not like the big too spot, but a smaller shelf where the big drawer opens like in picture? Mine seems to have a shelf but nothing to attach to hold items in. My last samsung had one
- Answer Yes there should be a drawer that sits in the drawer.
QuestionWhen was this model ( RF28R7351SR/AA ) first released for consumer purchase by Samsung? ( Month/Year ) It looks very similar to a model I was considering (until I read several reviews) 1-1/2 to 2 years ago, but I don't believe it is the same model.
- Answer The model you've provided is for a refrigerator released in 2019. ^Lo
QuestionHave Reverse Osmosis water line to refrig.Filter inside just unscrewed to bypass.We notice our ice is cloudy,prior refrig ice was clear(new RO filters,a glass if water freezes clear as a test).Ideas? ice defrosting in bin & refreezing? Low water pressure?
- Answer Hi SuzyZee! A normal ice cube from a Samsung fridge should be a cloudy white color. Samsung ice makers use rapid freezing technology which traps small amounts of minerals, oxygen, and nitrogen inside the ice cube, giving it a cloudy appearance. Therefore, it's normal for the ice to be white and foggy. The minerals in your water are not harmful and are more common in areas with hard water. ^Jecca
QuestionGot this fridge today. Freezer started at 88 degrees and now it's in the high 60s 13 hours later. Documentation states 24 hours is required, but it's moving too slow. is this normal or am I missing a button/setting somewhere?
- Answer It’s normal, I thought the same thing. my freezer took at least 24 hours. I have had for about three weeks now, no issues with
QuestionWe want to turn off the ice maker. We pressed the button inside the fridge for 3 seconds but still it won't turn off. Am I missing something?
- Answer Sorry for the confusion, Renee930! For this model, the button labelled "Ice Maker" functions as both the switch to turn the ice maker on/off as well as a reset button for the filter indicator. Holding this button down for 3 seconds will reset the filter indicator light, while tapping the button with turn the ice maker on/off. ^Jecca
- Answer Hey Sam! Yes, this refrigerator comes with a water filter, however it will need to be replaced after approximately 6 months, depending on usage. ^Jecca
QuestionWhat is the design of the water tray under the dispenser? Our current Samsung has no way to drain the collected water except to sop it up with paper towels.
- Answer There is no water tray with this model, BusyMama. ^Lo
QuestionThe showcase door won't open. When I push the button on the handle, both doors open. I have to force the doors apart. This was one of the main reasons I bought this model. Does the door need to be replaced? I am NOT happy about this at all.
- Answer I have this model and it does it to me as well. Once I pull it apart it work fine for the next 5 or so tries and does it again. I’m guessing this is just a standard downside so if this is why you bought it and there is still time to return I would do so to save yourself frustration.
QuestionDoes anyone else left door not stay open? The left side door always shuts as if its not installed properly, to heavy?? Its completely leveled so I have no idea what's going on. Very frustrating.
- Answer I'm happy to help with this, marisoool! The doors on the refrigerator are actually easily adjustable. In fact, I have this link (https://bit.ly/3u9w0FE) that can walk you through how to adjust the door so that it closes properly. ^Jecca
QuestionRapid ice maker was initiated when installed by installers yesterday. 24 hours later it's still on. Tried holding ice maker button for 3 seconds but it won't shut it off or change to ice maker on. What am I doing wrong? Or do I really want it off.
- Answer Hi Susan! For this model refrigerator, tapping the "Ice Maker" button with alternate between turning the ice maker on and off. Pressing and holding this button for 3 seconds will reset the water filter indicator light. Since the ice maker has an automatic "pause when full" feature, it's only necessary to turn the ice maker off if you don't wish to use it at all. ^Jecca
QuestionWe already have a whole-house water filter. is the Samsung water filter required, or is there a way to bypass the filter in this unit?
- Answer Most Samsung water and ice dispensers will work without an AquaPure water filter installed. The water filter housings are designed as rotary valves that allow the water to bypass the water filter whenever there is no filter or the filter is not in the locked position.
- Answer Mine doesn't do this. I'd have it looked at, especially if it's under warranty.
QuestionSamsung - 27.8 cu. ft. 4-Door French Door Refrigerator with Food - anyone ordered a new water pitcher that fits in the door? Ours leaks when you poor water from it and can't get it to stop. Thanks!
- Answer Ours does the same. We spoke with service, they sent a new one and it leaks worse. Our frig is less than 6 months old.