Questions & Answers
The previous price for this item was $31.25per month
Your price for this item is $10.00per month
for 24 months
Save $510 ($21.25/mo.)
QuestionIf I already have a verizon account and my current device is paid off can I still get this deal for $20.83 per month and use the phone on my current line?
- Answer Yes. That is what I did. It was easier going through Best Buy than Verizon.
QuestionDoes the Verizon version of this phone have an SD slot? I read several negative reviews on the Verizon website that would imply the Verizon version does not except an SD card like the unlocked version.
- Answer I bought the Verizon version of the Galaxy S20 FE and it has a slot for a Micro SD card. It mounts in the SIM tray on the opposite side of the SIM Card. The Micro SD easily snaps into place with the contacts facing out and pointing down. A word of caution, the instructions that come with the phone aren't great and I had to search for info on the Micro SD card. Verizon has a page that explains where it goes and how to install it. If you've done a card before once you know where it goes it's an easy install. Another unrelated quirk is the screenshot. It tells you to press the volume down and power (side) button to take a screenshot (my old phone was press and hold until screenshot takes). Well if you press and hold it takes you to the power menu. What the instructions don't tell you is to PRESS and RELEASE. A momentary press and release of the two buttons takes great screenshots. You can also do a palm wipe across the screen but I've had limited success with this method since it will often scroll the screen and you miss the area you want to capture. I've had this phone almost two weeks and love it. I was looking at the S20+ and the trade offs between it and the S20 FE made the FE a great deal.
QuestionIf i were to buy this phone with the discount and the monthly payment plan, will I be forced into a much more expensive unlimited data plan? Also, would I have to pay a $40 activation fee as when buying the phone directly from Verizon?
- Answer when you add the phone to your cart and select the upgrade option the fine print at the bottom of the sign in page states....... "Those customers Upgrading with a 2-Yr contract who have an Unlimited Data package will be enrolled in the Verizon 2GB Data Plan for that line for $30/month. If you complete this transaction, Unlimited Data cannot be returned to your line of service."
QuestionWill this phone work without having 5G or will you have to pay extra for 5G? Is 5G the only option for this phone??
- Answer Having 5g means it supports upto 5g Meaning that you can use 4g and 3g with it
QuestionIf I purchase as an upgrade to an existing Verizon account, can I use my existing number, or is this for a new activation only?
- Answer Yes, I did an on line purchase earlier today and it gave me the option for an upgrade to my current Verizon account.
QuestionDoes this offer through Verizon have to include a cell phone trade-in order to receive the promotional deal of $14.58/month, for 24 months (a 2 year contract) at 0% apr?
- Answer There's no trade in required for the deal, I just upgraded myself without one.
- Answer It doesn't come with an sd card pre installed however THERE IS a slot for you to put a sd card if you purchase one into the phone.
I would recommend:
- Answer Normally the payments would be added to your Verizon bill.
QuestionHi there - Curious to know if the Verizon version of the phone has the FM Radio chip activated in it. Online discussion has been mixed on this. Definitely one of the perks of my s10e.
- Answer My Verizon S20 FE does not have the FM chip activated.
- Answer NO THEY ARE TWO DIFFERNT SIZE PHONES
QuestionIf I use the promotional and wanted to pay the device off would I have to pay the full retail price?
- Answer I paid mine off. It was the price I purchased for from bestbuy. Which was 349.00. I have Verizon for service.
QuestionWill Best Buy help me switch over data and contacts from old phone to the new purchase? Plan to order a Verizon phone from Best Buy online but need help
- Answer Yes!!! Everything was transferred.
- Answer Yes. Haven't opened the laptop in a week.
- Answer The screen is Glass. I believe it is Gorilla Glass 3 and the sides are metal so the whole frame isn't plastic. Only the back is plastic.
QuestionWhat does the UW mean?
- Answer UW is Ultra Wideband which a special type of 5G that Verizon uses to its slightly faster than low band 5G that most of the nation wide 5G providers currently are using, but the signal doesn't travel as far so it's in fewer places for now till Verizon upgrades more towers. Also, in case it you're worried a UW won't work with other types of 5G no need. A UW phone can work with any type of 5G. Hope this helps.
- Answer According to Verizons website, its UW is the faster of their 5G offerings, but not yet available everywhere. In my opinion, it's better to have a 5G UW phone as it equips you to receive that greater 5G whenever it becomes available.
QuestionWhere is the home button on the lock screen? I see it after I reach the home screen. I don't like having to press the side button to get to the home screen. My wife's S9 has it and my old S7 had an actual button. Can I put one there somehow?
- Answer There is no home button on the lock screen. You have to unlock it first. I haven't found a way to put anything additional on the lock screen, other than the regular features (email, message, etc.).
- Answer You have to get a USB C adapter which Best Buy sells or use Bluetooth headphones.