Questions & Answers
- QuestionBattery access (10 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWhat does Unactivated mean? (2 Answers)Answers
No, you cannot use a Sim card from another company in an unactivated phone. Your phone's operating system has been overlayed with a particular carrier's identification data. Your phone is "hard wired" to your phone carrier. You cannot override hard wired data. If you try to, you will turn your phone into a door stop. If you have a Sprint phone, it will only operate with a Sprint activated card. Ditto for Verizon, etc..
- QuestionCan I keep my current cell phone plan with Sprint and just buy the Galaxy S 7 on a upgrade status?! (6 Answers)Answers
- QuestionIf i buy an unactivated device Galaxy S7 edge device(carrier sprint), will it work if use T-mobile Sim card afterwards? (5 Answers)Answers
If you buy a non-carrier, unlocked model, then the phone will work on GSM networks such as T-Mobile and AT&T. But if you buy a carrier model with the carrier's SIM card already inside the phone, then it most likely will not work on T-Mobile or AT&T because it has been locked down. You would first have to ask Sprint to unlock the phone for you. But they won't unless you buy the phone at full price and have used their service for a while first.
- QuestionUntil when is the offer over (2 Answers)Answers
Straight from samsung: THE PURCHASE PERIOD AND REDEMPTION PERIOD: The “Purchase Period” begins on February 23, 2016 and ends on March 18, 2016 or while supplies last, whichever occurs first. A valid “Offer Claim Form” must be submitted (as set forth in Section 3) online between March 4, 2016 at 10:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and March 31, 2016 at 11:59:59 PM ET, or while supplies last, whichever occurs first (“Redemption Period”). Starting February 21, 2016 at 1:00 PM ET, Customers who have pre-ordered a Samsung Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge from a participating retailer may visit the Website (as defined below) and enter their valid e-mail address to receive a reminder e-mail on March 4, 2016 to submit an Offer Claim Form. See below for instructions on how to receive and redeem the Offer.
- QuestionAre you able to take advantage of Sprint's upgrade discount (after completing the 2 year contract) by trading in the old phone - if you purchase through Best Buy? Or do I need to purchase through Sprint to get that discount? (5 Answers)Answers
YES. You can upgrade thru Best Buy. Best buy discontinued the 2yr contract option with Sprint. However with certain Legacy sprint plans Best Buy offered the s7 edge on installments and a $20 Monthly CREDIT off my sprint bill. So for $11.25 a month I own this phone. It's not an official 2yr contract like I'm used to nor can i pay the phone off early or I'd be penalized and pay full price......but i now own this phone for less out of pocket than the previous 2yr contract discounted price. I have the 1500 min unltd data and text plan with Sprint and it's a plan I won't give up. Hope this helps. I was a frustrated Note 7 owner and did not want to give up that phone cause i bought it with a 2yr discount of $500 off. So until Best Buy wireless manager brought this plan to my attention I was seriously frustrated with Sprint for not offering me a discounted phone thru Best Buy. If you are looking for a great option to own a phone and get the best price ask Best Buy about this incentive. Hope this helps. I don't easily take No for an answer so I held out swapping my recalled Note 7 til i found a satisfactory discount. I generally dont pay full price for anything and i wanted to Own my phone not lease it so the installment plan with a monthly discount made that possible.
- Questionwhen is this phone available? (5 Answers)
- QuestionI upgraded to a s7 edge on sprint Tuesday and received a $200 gift and on Saturday the gift card is $400. Can I get the other $200 for the gift card since it has only been a couple of days? (2 Answers)Answers
I was told (by Best Buy) that you can do it but it won't be easy... If its within the 2 week original date you can return everything you received in the first transaction including the $200 gift card... There would be another activation fee...also a restocking fee. When you subtract the 2 fees you eventually would gain appx $140 by doing everything over and receiving the $400 gift card. I was upset myself when I got a $150 gift card only to see the offer of $400 less than a week later. Samsung/Best Buy needs to stop doing this. I for one will definitely be hesitant to "jump" on there initial offers in the future.
- QuestionIf I pay the one time $299 and upgrade with a two year service contract is that in lieu of the monthly payments? (2 Answers)
- QuestionSo, I'm due for a new phone now. Why is there an upgrade fee and an activation fee? (0 Answers)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions