Questions & Answers
- Answer Yes, as long as you are connected to your phone via Bluetooth.. I have used this feature when in the pool and had my phone out on the table. It has a built in microphone, so you can talk directly into the watch. You can also start a call from the watch. This also works with text messaging.
- Answer The larger watch will go about twice as long between charges. I have the 42mm model, and I could go almost 3 days between charges, but I have gotten into the habit of just recharging every other night.
QuestionThis might be a dumb question, but can you change the watch face on this? Say, to have a digital face or even an analog face but with just the one analog clock instead of three for various time zones? Thanks!
- Answer Yes, just give the watchface a long press and it will give you the option to customize.
QuestionCan you calibrate the step counter? This is my 2nd Galaxy watch (return my first after one day - same problem) and the steps are counting 50% to 70% less steps than my Virgin Miles buzz. I’ve turned off/on and does not do anything to correct problem
- Answer Make sure your height is correct in the SHealth app. It uses the average. Additionally it doesn't count your steps unless you walk more then about 15 steps. I thought this was a problem too until I played with it for a few hours
- Answer Yes, this watch does have an Altimeter.
QuestionThis is what i need in a watch: wear all the time ie. in shower, pool and while running (sweat-proof) and slightly rugged. Will this be a good choice?
- Answer It's a good choice but you'll have to rinse it off and pat it dry. The sensor on the back can act up if there are any chemicals such as soap, chlorine, or salt from your sweat. Shouldn't be a big deal. You can put a short cut in for water mode on the drop down screen. This sounds like something you'd want to do. This tells the watch to not keep lighting up as you swing your arms while running or activate the touch screen while under water. The cool thing is when you exit water mode it does a routine to expel any water that got into the case though I have no idea how!
QuestionWhere do you find a stopwatch? I've looked through the different apps on my phone and on the watch itself but can't find a stopwatch.
- Answer Go into galaxy apps, hit the watch tab on the far right and search for stopwatch, its from samsung and i have it on my watch.
- Answer Bought the watch after asking this. Samsung internet browser is now available for download, just not predownloaded. So the answer is yes.
QuestionCan you download music to the watch so you can listen to music directly from the watch without your phone being nearby?
- Answer yes, you can download 1 gigabyte of music on the watch and listen to it without the phone being near. I use mine to go running. I've got 250 songs on my phone and created a playlist of 45 songs that I downloaded to my watch that i listen to while running- i leave the phone behind.
- Answer Sadly, it does not work with Google Voice ( I would recommend a Moto 360 2nd Gen if that is the type of capability you are looking for out of your wearable! This watch has been updated to use Bixby (Samsung's Voice based Assistant) This cannot use google voice due to the fact that it is using the Tizen OS Platform instead of using Android Wear.
QuestionWhen you buy through best buy will they also include an extra strap similar to the samsung website who is having a promo for preordering with them.
- Answer It's a program through Samsung wherever you buy. You will submit a proof of purchase to Samsung. It's like a mail in rebate type promo but the strap is sent from them directly not retail outlets.
QuestionDoes this have a mic AND a speaker? My Gear Sport has a speaker which is great but when I answer the call there is no mic so the caller can't hear me. How dumb. So, I want to be able to talk and hear as long as my phone is within Bluetooth range.
- Answer Yes, if you have WiFi or BT connection, it can make full phone calls (mic and speaker). Totally Dick Tracy!
QuestionGALAXY WATCH (BLUETOOTH) ,Can you make and receive calls with an non-LTE version as long as its paired with your phone?
- Answer Absolutely. It works great.
- Answer This will connect to any android or iPhone over Bluetooth however it does not support LTE
- Answer No. Wish you could. Main reason I'm considering a switch to Apple