Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $399.99
- Answer This electronic is built like a tank. I have had 10hr days fishing on a bass boat with no issues. I have used it outside in direct sunlight for up to 8hrs while working in the yard and in our pool. Living in the desert where temperatures can reach 120 degrees anything will eventually wear. To date the hottest temp has been 107 and I have experienced no issues.
- Answer No - I don’t use Alexa and it works fine.
- Answer It's my understanding that two of these Sonos "Move" speakers can be paired for stereo sound using WiFi but NOT Bluetooth. You can use them INDIVIDUALLY using Bluetooth (but not two of them). If you want stereo sound using two speakers, you can only do that using WiFi. Hope that makes sense.
- Answer The Move is designed to live wherever works best for your listening. However, you would need to make sure the electrical outlet is protected from the elements. The Move itself can withstand all types of weather but needs to be properly connected to weather proof outlets.
- Answer I am able to control the volume through either the sonos or Spotify app.
- Answer I would not recommend it , it is fairly expensive and it is completely portable , so I personally don't see the logic in permanent exposure to the elements.
- Answer You can. There's a button that disables the voice assistant. Worth noting if you never set that feature up, the mics never turn on.
QuestionI have Sonos thru out my home and when my mobile device is not connected to WiFi, I cannot control any of these speakers. So, I was thinking of buying one of these to be on the “Move” ie: on a boat or at the beach. Will it work away from WiFi?
- Answer Hi! Thank you very much for reaching out with a question! Yes! This is exactly what Move is for. You can use it at home on your wifi, and then switch it to bluetooth when you're away from the home, and not on wifi. There's a physical button on the back to switch from wifi to bluetooth and back. Note that it does have to be set up on wifi first before bluetooth can be activated.
- Answer The Sonos Move has a built in rechargeable battery so it does not need to be plugged in to work. It will play up to 11 hours on one charge. And it is weather resistant so it can be used outside where you might not have an electrical outlet. It can stream music directly from your phone, tablet or other Blue Tooth Device so if you are too far away for your Sonos Network you can still use it to stream your music directly.
QuestionCan the Move stream music from a music service (such as Amazon Music) while connected only to WiFi? Or must you connect the Move by Bluetooth to another device (such as a cell phone)?
- Answer Yes, it can stream a music when it is connected by WiFi.
QuestionCan I take this speaker into the shower to listen to music? It would not be in direct line of water spray, but for sure it would get some splash and humidity.
- Answer Yes, as long as it is not on the charging base.
QuestionWill this work with other non-Sonos speakers on the same wifi network with other devices? I use Airplay 2 on my network and don’t have any Sonos products, but wanted to add this for outdoor use, assuming it will play simultaneously on my Airplay network.
- Answer The Sonos Move, once set up with the Sonos app, will be an available Airplay 2 speaker. Using the Airplay feature on your iOS or OSX device you can send music to the Sonos Move and other Airplay 2 enabled devices. The multi-room experience audio experience will depend on the wireless network in the space as well as the wireless connection of the device to the network.
- Answer Hi! Thank you for your question. The Sonos Move has two connection modes, Wifi & Bluetooth. While on Wifi, the connection range depends on the signal strength of your WiFi. As for Bluetooth, though connection range can depend on the environment and your phone, it normally is approximately 30 feet.