Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $199.99
QuestionWhere can i hear this soundbar in your stores? Why do you say it doesn't work with firestick? Firestick is plugged into tv wouldn't it do a pass through? In that case what about the DVD player or the Cable box sound? Are you saying it won't work?
- Answer I did notice this was not in stock at my local Best Buy. I am not sure they set up to many soundbars in the store. However, I have this one and it sounds really good. It will give you a Theatre like sound and the built-in subwoofer sounds pretty good. You can also connect your phone to it with Bluetooth and play music. You can use any device you want with the soundbar that is connected to your TV. The soundbar connects to your TV via a provided digital optical wire or an HDMI cable. That means that any sound going into your TV from any source will play out of the soundbar. The hdmi cable will give you HDMI arc which will enable you to program your universal remote to control the soundbar volume. Otherwise, you will have to use the soundbar remote if you use digital optical. Since the sound signal is coming from your TV into your soundbar it will play anything that is connected to your TV including a firestick. They probably just meant you can not plug your firestick directly into the soundbar since the soundbar hdmi is just used for hdmi arc to get the sound signal from your TV.
QuestionComparing the choice of using HDMI or Optical connections to a TV, does either provide inherently better sound quality?
- Answer I tried both connections and the audio quality appears to be equal. Keep in mind that this is a small bar, for small rooms. It is not made to be producing home theater level acoustics. The perk of HDMI is that the TV can control the bar (if the TV has that feature). I turn on my TV via the TV remote and it then turns on the soundbar. When I change the volume via the TV remote, it adjusts the soundbar volume. That functionality is not available via the optical connection.
- Answer Hi OldGuy08, thank you for your question. We are unable to provide support for remote controls designed by other manufacturers. Manufacturers may assign different code numbers in their universal remote controls to identify the Infrared (IR) signal of a Sony product. Thus, the code number used for operating a Sony product in one remote control may be different from that used by another. For information about programming a third-party remote control, contact the manufacturer of the remote control. ~Earl
QuestionCan this sound bar be controlled by any brand tv remote, such as Samsung, or only by a Sony tv remote if hooked up using the hdm connection?
- Answer I’m sure it can. But I have it connected to an older Sony and works fine. I have the combo on my bedroom wall. Sounds better than the tv speakers but it does still lacks on bass,I figured it would but was hoping for a bit more. I just didn’t want a subwoofer in bedroom. Maybe if it were to sit on top of a stand the bass would be a bit better.
- Answer Hi LaRod, unfortunately, we are unable to provide support for remote controls designed by other manufacturers. Manufacturers may assign different code numbers in their universal remote controls to identify the Infrared (IR) signal of a Sony product. Thus, the code number used for operating a SONY product in one remote control may be different from that used by another. For information about programming a third-party remote control, contact the manufacturer of the remote control. Thank you. ~Earl
QuestionCan you plug into the soundbar a headset? Soundbar is great for me but my husband needs headphones.
- Answer Hi Claudie, Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, you cannot plug in a headset to the soundbar. -Sam
- Answer Hi Jean, there is no stand for this unit. You can only mount the Bar Speaker on a wall under the TV. You may check the link below for more information. (Refer to page 16-17): https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/res/manuals/4727/47274141M.pdf ~Earl
QuestionI have a 43" Samsung 4k running a Roku streaming stick. My Roku remote controls power & volume on the TV. If connected thru HDMI, when I change the volume on the TV using the Roku remote, will the volume change on the soundbar?
- Answer It’ll work with the Roku, just plug your sound bar into the Arc (HDMI 3) port and just sync your Roku remote to the TV.
- Answer Hi Pat, thank you for your inquiry. Yes! this soundbar is compatible with the KD50X85J. They can be connected via Bluetooth, Optical, or HDMI ARC connection. Hope this helps! -Sam
QuestionCan the Sony 2.1 soundbarr connect with a single remote controller whereby turning on the tv will connect to the speaker automatically?
- Answer If the tv is ARC compatible, and using an HDMI 2.0 cable, then the tv will control the sound bar. I use a samsung tv with hdmi arc input source, and the tv automatically found the sound bar and controls the volume.
- Answer Hi tw, Thank you for your inquiry. Yes, it does. This unit supports .mp3, .wma, and .wav formats when playing music via USB. Hope this helps! -Sam
- Answer Hi AM, thank you for your question. This unit comes with an optical cable. You may need to purchase an HDMI cable for the connection. ~Earl
QuestionWill this soundbar show volume level on Hisense H9G TV connected either to hdmi or HDMI arc?
- Answer Hi ambizytl, Yes, as normal operation the TV should display the volume of a connected HTS200F Soundbar for all Audio Outputs of the TV. Thanks! - Kris
QuestionCan the USB port be used to connect to a PC for general sound similar to USB speakers? As in would it show up as "USB audio device \ Sony sound bar" or something similar and play all audio the PC puts out?
- Answer Hello, No, the USB port of this unit is only used for music playback. Thank you. ~Earl
QuestionConfused about whether this is optical or hdmi arc as it says "Send audio and control information from your TV using just one cable with HDMI ARC" but lists the optical cable as being included and says there are no hdmi inputs and one optical input.
- Answer It has a single HDMI input and so the ARC capability but the HDMI cable is not included, It comes with an optical cable