Questions & Answers
QuestionWow! I am so upset... Ive had this in my cart since last night and cannot pay... Signed up for notification for when this came in and didn't receive a notification even... Its in my cart so I should have one per ordered! I couldn't sleep last night!
- Answer Don't waste your valuable time with this. Just like the Classic Mini NES these were already gone before you and I could blink our eyes. The individuals have prior knowledge of when the pre-order sites are going to open and they are using a system or program that pre-loads their purchase information and while you and I are waiting for that submit button to appear they have already completed the purchase and in most cases are buying in quantities so that they can sell at ridiculous prices on Amazon or Ebay.
QuestionWas anyone able to pre-order this yet? The button is active, I was able to put it in my cart, but then I am told that it is out of stock. Did I miss my chance or is this just a ploy to irritate me?
- Answer The reason it went up in the middle of the night was to limit traffic and not crash the website. The reason it sold out so quickly though has a lot to do with scalpers and the computer bots they use to automatically buy a specific item on a website when it becomes available...once you set it up you don't have to do a thing to monitor the site...the program automatically purchases the item, usually multiples. These bot programs are available for purchase just like any app. The user just installs and sets up for whatever item they want. Scalpers want to buy up as many SNES Classics as possible to resell on eBay at ridiculous profits, as with the NES Classic. These bots are becoming more prevalent, and WILL ruin online shopping for highly sought items...think Black Friday or cyber Monday.... ruined for the average person.
- Answer Yes, they will be in stores...Toysrus is only selling in store, no pre-orders. However, don't expect to just walk into a store a store at your leisure and pick one up. If you want one on 9/29, you will have to plan on camping out in front of a store hours before it opens to get one. Same thing for stores doing midnight release...get there early and find the line. Good Luck! Finding one after the 29th will require a lot of diligent hunting.
QuestionWhere was my email notification for the PREORDER @BESTBUY? The preorders went live this morning at 1 AM and received NO NOTIFICATIONS... I spend over $3000-$5000 yearly at your stores and you treat me like this?
- Answer Pre orders sold out before the emails could be sent. Spending x amount of money doesn't make you any higher priority than any one else. There are free tracker apps that you can get that will alert you when the item is in stock. That's how I got mine. Don't be mad at Best Buy because other people prepared better than you
- Answer No, the old snes games will not work with this.
- Answer No, it doesn't take cartridges, it just has built-in games that it can play. But they are some of the best!
- Answer Yes that is an error, the official website states that there will be 2 controllers with the console.
- Answer If your nearby best buy doesn't have one in stock, try asking if they can check any of the others nearby to see if there might be one on their inventory. they may need to call and verify that the digital inventory is correct, but if there is one in stock at another location they can do a store to store transfer. that's what worked for me, they let me know the nearest store that had the system in stock was 4 hours away, it was a Sunday when I looked into the purchase and they were able to do a transfer that got the system to my local best buy as early as Wednesday at no extra cost to me. however it's up to the store with the Super NES Classic if they want to do the transfer, they might not due the high demand of the item, but you never know unless you ask. -shrugs- hope this helps. if you do find one in time for the holidays, look into the extension cables (normally $10 for a two pack) or a wireless controller(s) (normally $25-30 each) due to the short cord length on the standard controller.
QuestionIs there an expected date to have these back in stock? Wanting one for my boyfriend's birthday. TIA.
- Answer There is not an expected date, as they tend to appear sporadically and catch people off guard. However, you can expect that there will be more coming by December. If your boyfriend's birthday is before then, I wouldn't count on having much opportunity to grab one.
QuestionHi there! Can you please help me to confirm if you have any available Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition in any Chicago Store? thank you!!
- Answer We keep them in the back. Ask for Carla. She will hook you up.
QuestionI'm having a lot of difficulty putting my old SNES cartridges into this system. I can play the built in games but cannot open the cartridge slot. Does anyone know how to open it?
- Answer First, you will need a screwdriver. Disassemble the unit and remove the cover that sits where the cartridge would be inserted. Then, remove the electronic panel that sits directly underneath the cartridge area. Reassemble the unit, plug it back in, insert the game cartridge of your choosing and enjoy.
- Answer No, I will not be selling ANY SNES online for profit, because there are people specifically kids who I know have been saving up for the SNES. And, I put myself in that child's shoes and think how heart broken I would be if it sold out because of someone's greediness to flip it for a mere profit. This is why I will not be selling this unit online and hopefully a lot of people follow suit.
- Answer The console can be connected to the computer for alternate reasons, but you cannot play through the computer. You can connect the snes mini through a monitor, but you cannot put an image through the computer unless you have like a recording capture device, but at that point, you have to invest in a capture card that could cost about 60 dollars to 400 dollars depending in your purpose of playing through your computer, whether it’s recording gameplay footage or for other reasons.
- Answer Contra 3: The Alien Wars Donkey Kong Country EarthBound Final Fantasy 3 F-Zero Kirby Super Star Kirby's Dream Course The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Mega Man X Secret of Mana Star Fox Star Fox 2 Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting Super Castlevania 4 Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts Super Mario Kart Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars Super Mario World Super Metroid Super Punch-Out!! Yoshi's Island
- Answer About 5 feet.
QuestionWhat 20 games come with this?
- Answer Contra III: The Alien Wars Donkey Kong Country EarthBound Final Fantasy III F-ZERO Kirby Super Star Kirby’s Dream Course The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Mega Man X Secret of Mana Star Fox Star Fox 2 Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting Super Castlevania IV Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts Super Mario Kart Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars Super Mario World Super Metroid Super Punch-Out!! Yoshi’s Island
- Answer Contra 3 donkey Kong country earthbound final fantasy 3 f-zero Kirbys dream course Kirby superstar mega Man X secret of manna star Fox Street fighter 2: turbo super Castlevania 4 super ghouls and ghosts super Mario kart super Mario RPG super Mario world super Metroid super punch out the legend Zelda a link to the past Yoshi‘s Island star fox 2 - you have to complete a mission in Star Fox original to get access to 2... so 20 games until then.... I would have loved to seen less Kirby, and added Final Fantasy II, Donkey Kong country 2 and 3, and final fantasy mystic quest, and super Mario all stars. I would have given it a better rating... my faves are earthbound, Final Fantasy 3, contra 3, donkey Kong country, super Mario rpg (I bugged Nintendo until they released this game and used my ideas) I refused a job to work for Nintendo because I was dating. Also super Mario world 1 and 2.... that are included in this set.