Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $314.99
The regular price is $449.99
- Answer Android TV is a Google operating system for televisions. In purchasing an Android TV-based device (like this), you do not lose any of the functionality that you'd expect from a normal (non-smart) TV. On the contrary, this TV has everything you'd hope for AND a smart user interface that allows you to easily pair streaming services (I.e. Netflix, Prime) and control the TV via your smart phone. I was concerned that my Apple devices would be incompatible with Android TV, but was pleasantly surprised to find it perfectly compatible.
- Answer For this 55 inch TCL Android TV, the feet spacing to fit on a stand is 38.4 inches. The feet cannot be adjusted. Hope this helps! Thank you, TCL Customer Support
QuestionIs this TCL 55 "434" Model only available at Best Buy ? Whats the difference between this and the "425" and "435" Models ?? I ask because there is a banner on top of the Price that says..."AVAILABLE AT Best Buy ONLY" ...Thanks
- Answer Currently the 55S434 is a Best Buy exclusive. This model features an Android operating system, while the S425 and S435 both feature a Roku operating system. Hope this helps! Thank you, TCL Customer Support
QuestionAm I correct, this TV has Bluetooth? Will I be able to pair the earbuds I use for my phone? Will I be able to lower the TV volume and listen with earbuds?
- Answer Our TCL Android TVs do indeed support Bluetooth and can be paired with compatible audio devices that also support and pair via Bluetooth. You can also visit https://support.tcl.com/androidtv-setup-configuration/connecting-bluetooth-devices-to-my-android-tv-642 for more information. Hope this helps! Thank you, TCL Customer Support
- Answer This TCL Android TV features HDMI 2.0 ports. Hope this helps! Thank you, TCL Customer Support
- Answer It’s basically an Android phone, so you may be able to download a web browser. I say “may”, because it is based on what the manufacturer allows in the Google Play store for Android TV. There are many ways around this (download Aptoid TV which is a separate, legit, app store, where you should find Chrome or Puffin Browser in there), or sideload the app (this is a separate topic entirely, but you can check out Youtube for help with that).
QuestionWhere are the mounting spots? On the back of the TV on the raised area there are two screws in what appears to be top holes where it looks like the mounting brackets for a wall mount should be. Do I just remove these? Wrong spot??
- Answer There are a total of 4 mounting holes. 2 of them have screws in them, and should be removed. We recommend using the appropriate M6 screws that come in the mounting bracket screw kit. This TCL TV uses a 300mm x 300mm VESA mounting pattern. Hope this helps! Thank you, TCL Customer Support
QuestionIf you plug in a 16GB usb drive, can you pause, rewind, and fast forward through broadcast television? Does this TVs have a grid style guide that uses PSIP data so there is no need for a guide service or even internet?
- Answer If you connect a USB Drive to your TV you can access Live TV Pause. You can visit https://support.tcl.com/androidtv-setup-configuration/setting-up-live-tv-pause-on-your-tcl-android-tv for more information about this. Hope this helps! Thank you, TCL Customer Support
- Answer For inquiries concerning stock and availability, you would want to contact your local Best Buy or Best Buy Customer Support as they would be best equipped to further assist you. Hope this helps! Thank you, TCL Customer Support
QuestionDoes this tv model have the option to view regular tv option if needed? Or is this tv just set up to view the apps on it?
- Answer Hi, I just bought this TV a week or so ago and have been enjoying jt. Yes, you can hook a coax cable to the TV to enjoy live over the air TV. The coax/antenna will show up as an option on the home screen that you just select when you want to watch over the air TV. You can easily switch from antenna to other apps like Netflix, etc.
- Answer Our TCL Android TVs come with Chromecast built-in. Casting to your TV is a simple way to enjoy photos, videos, music, and other content on the big screen. You can watch entertainment from a laptop, tablet, or mobile device. Hope this helps! Thank you, TCL Customer Support
- Answer The AT&T TV app is not currently an available streaming app on this TCL Android TV. Hope this helps! Thank you, TCL Customer Support
- Answer I used all my old cords --nothing new-- didnt even realize there are different hdmi cords? Hmm so google tells me unless your going to run long lengths .. no difference
QuestionCan you set tv to startup directly to hdmi 1, or do you have to switch inputs every time you turn it on?
- Answer The TV should power on to the same place it was at when it was powered off. Hope this helps! Thank you, TCL Customer Support