Questions & Answers
QuestionI currently have a pay as you go phone where I add 20.00 for three months of service. Any unused dollars carry over as long as I add another card before the 3 months are up. Does it work the same with a tracfone? Emergency use only.
- Answer Hi. This is Katrina from TracFone Wireless. For Unlimited Talk & Text Smartphone Plans, any unused data after your service end date will carryover to the next cycle as long as active service is maintained and in use with any Unlimited Talk & Text Smartphone plan. For Basic/Classic service plans, any unused minutes, texts and web/data will not expire as long as any Tracfone service plan is active and in use within any six month period.
- Answer TracFone sells an International Calling Card for $10.00 with no expiration as long as active service is maintained. Calls to Canada are 1 cent per minute according to their web site. Other countries call rates vary.
QuestionI have a yr plan on my phone 1500 text minuter n 1,5 gb Can I add a 30 day unlimited talk Text n 2gb card on my phone too.?? Would it use just off the card nothing off my plane on phone if 1500 ..ty Paulette
- Answer Hi. This is Katrina from TracFone Wireless. Yes, you can add one of our unlimited plans. You will keep your current benefits. None of it will be lost. Also, the current expiration date will be extended by 30 additional days when you add the new Unlimited Talk & Text plan. You can use your previous benefits once the Unlimited Talk & Text plan expires.
QuestionIs it correct that I would need to purchase a card every thirty days? I'm 'upgrading' to 'smartphone' service to allow for easier sharing with family -I like paying for what I use and not being locked into a plan. What options are available?
- Answer Hi. This is Robert from TracFone Wireless. Our unlimited plans offer unlimited airtime for calls, texts and a fixed amount of data for 30 days. To keep the service active and if you want to continue getting the unlimited airtime plan benefits, you need to refill your account after 30 days since your last redemption date. If you happen to purchase a Pay As You Go or Smartphone Only Plan before and you still have remaining airtime for calls, texts, data and some service days but you no longer want to purchase one of our unlimited plans, then you will use your previous airtime benefits automatically. If you have questions or concerns, please copy this link http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH and paste it on a new window for chat support. You may also text the word Help to short code 611611. For your convenience, our representatives are available Mondays to Sundays from 08:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.
- Answer Hi. This is Janet from TracFone Wireless. TracFone system will send you a text message to remind you of your service end date.
- Answer Hi. This is Cristy from TracFone Wireless. Yes. We have the $30 Unlimited Talk and Text with 3GB of data for 30 service days. For further assistance, please copy this link http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH and paste it on a new window to chat with us. We're open Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. You can also use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
QuestionIf I have a phone from Tmobile that is unlocked and compatible. Can I buy this plan and activate? How would I activate it
- Answer Hi. This is Cristy from TracFone Wireless. Yes, you can. You will also need to purchase/have a TracFone Bring Your Own Phone T-Mobile compatible SIM Card. To activate your service, text the word BYOP to 611611. For further assistance, please copy this link http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH and paste it on a new window to chat with us. We're open Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. Thank you.
QuestionHello. I just purchased a Tracfone LG Journey. So my question is it doesn't say anything about it being a smartphone. I then purchased a $19.99 smartphone activation card. So will it work on the LG phone or do I have to get the basic plan for it?
- Answer Hi. This is Wendy from TracFone Wireless. The LG Journey phone is a Smartphone. The service plan you purchased is correct. Thank you for your inquiry.
- Answer No ...analog " captain kirk" phones have minutes... smart fones use data ...available at your local speedway
QuestionI just bought an LG Rebel4 LTE . Can I just use a basic cell phone minutes instead of the smart phone cards
- Answer Hi. This is Cristy from TracFone Wireless. Yes. You can use any of the available TracFone Basic Plans instead of Smartphone Plans. Thank you.
QuestionI have the TCLLX tracfone,,,I can buy an unlimited text and call card with carry over data for this phone?? This is considered a Smartphone tracfone??
- Answer Hi. This is Cristy from TracFone Wireless. Yes, you are correct. The TCL LX is a Smartphone device and you can buy any of our Smartphone plans. Thank you.
- Answer Hi. This is Arianne from TracFone Wireless. No. However, you can carryover unused data with an active service. To carryover unused data, you must redeem an unlimited talk and text plan. If your account goes past due or you redeem a PayGo plan, your unused data from the unlimited plan will expire within 30 days. Thank you.
- Answer Hi. This is Cristy from TracFone Wireless. We currently do not have a service card/plan with more than 3GB of data. However, we will keep it in mind for future development plans. Thank you.
QuestionI have a not unlimited auto renewal plan.If I add a 30 day $30 unlimited talk and text card one month will it automatically pick up my auto renewal where I left off?Will the data left from unlimited month roll over to my not unlimited auto renewal plan?
- Answer Hi. This is Arianne from TracFone Wireless. Yes, it will automatically pick up your auto-refill even if you added the $30 Unlimited Talk & Text Plan. Also, your unused data from the unlimited plan will not carry over if you failed to add another unlimited talk and text plan.To carry over the unused data, you must redeem another unlimited plan.
QuestionCan I stop Tracfone auto-renewal temporarily and use up some of my surplus minutes as long as I don't go past the end of service date?
- Answer Hi. This is Wendy from TracFone Wireless. Yes, you can cancel and re-enroll your Auto-Refill anytime as long as you don't go past the end of service end date. Thank you.
QuestionIf I still have minutes and data left on my phone after 30 days do I still need to buy a 30 day card to keep the phone active?
- Answer Hi. This is Frank from TracFone Wireless. Yes, you have to buy a service plan or the 30 day card in order to keep your phone active. Thank you.
- Answer Hi. This is Janet from TracFone Wireless. We're sorry, but our service does not support Mobile Hotspot devices. Moreover, Mobile Hotspot devices from other carrier. Have a nice day!
- Answer Hi. This is Wendy from TracFone Wireless. Yes, Auto-Refill plan will still carry over minutes to next month. Thank you.