Questions & Answers
QuestionIs this phone “unblocked” as to be able to use it in Mexico with another SIM card and company?
- Answer This phone is for use with Verizon prepaid only. Not unlocked.
Question1) Do I need to buy an AO1 model with 16GB pre-installed? If so, why? 2) How can I also order online and install 1 month of pre-paid service? 3) How can I set up my Verizon account online? 4) How can I have the phone activated? Can I do it by myself?
- Answer If you have the option of getting the 16GB pre-installed, do so. I say that because I am using a micro SD card and it's been a pain trying to get any apps switched to the card instead of the internal memory. When I say it's been a pain, I do mean that it's like my card isn't even installed and it is. It has been formatted and everything. Go to BestBuy.com, select the phone and then go to your service provider's website to purchase the prepaid service. Honestly, this was the easiest part of the process for me. I purchased the phone and then inserted the SIMs card from my old phone into the new one. I went online to Verizon and followed the steps to switch my device. If you don't already have a Verizon account, just go to the website, click 'Sign Up or "Enroll" - I can't remember which one it is - and follow the prompts. From there, you should be able to activate the phone by yourself online following the prompts. You just need to click the "Add New Device" button and, again, just follow the prompts. If you have any trouble, click the live chat function and a representative will walk you through the process. I hope this helps. Good Luck!
QuestionDo I need only a sim card from Verizon? No contract? We have Verizon but my husband does no use too much his phone. We want one of those new phones but he does not want a contract.
- Answer Yes, I believe so. With the prepaid, it automatically fills each month. The prepaid. With a contract it is hard to back out of the contract. You can, initially arrange all with Verizon prepaid.
- Answer Yes. You must have an activated service provider and service provider sim card.
- Answer Yes! The Galaxy A01 is able to accept a MicroSD card up to 512GB. Thank you for asking this question. ^Kayla
- Answer Nope the phone comes with it
QuestionI have verison network currently. Will this phone work with my current sim card that has a monthly bill. Or will it only work with a prepaid sim card?
- Answer I have Verizon prepaid, I wouldn't recommend this phone.
QuestionI am on the gov program, thru Qlink Wireless. Had issues. Went to WalMart asked which phone is compatable with the Qlink/gov plan. The response Tracfone. Phone purchased, called Qlink and a new SIM card was mailed. Phone does not recognize SIM card.
- Answer I just got my Samsung Galaxy for Christmas. So far I love it. But I have Verizon as my provider. Which can make a big difference.
Questionhow to display to tv using usb c cable with hdmi--this cable works with samsung s8 but not with samsung a01-- i can see samsung dex starts with s8 and then it shows on tv--with a01 - no dex shows starting and no transfer to tv from a01 occurs.
- Answer Hi, Hector. Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback. As we stand behind our products, we would love to help get this checked. Please reach out to us on Facebook at (http://m.me/samsungsupport) or Twitter at (https://twitter.com/messages/compose?recipient_id=18768513) for us to further assist you and kindly refer to this post. We look forward to speaking with you. ^Kayla
- Answer I think you'd have to go to Settings and then Connections if you want to set it up. I don't know if that answers your question.
- Answer This is a sealed system. You cannot access the battery