Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $69.99
QuestionCan someone confirm that the product comes with 3 handsets in total, i.e. one on the base unit and two extra handsets?
- Answer No, this only comes with the single handset and is expandable to be able to use up to 12 in all.
Questionhow do you turn off the voicemail recording and how do you delete all your messages, I thought I did but the answering machine is saying my voicemail is full for this 2 line cordless phone answering machine V-Tech one cordless phone
- Answer Mail Box 1 and Mailbox 2 buttons on lower right. I have never used the phones voice-mail. Hit button, its off.
- Answer No, this model does not have call blocking.
QuestionIs there a features to be able adjust the amount of rings before it goes to answering machine? If not what is the set amount of rings before it goes to answering machine?
- Answer Number of rings-to-answer can be set from 2 to 6.
- Answer This is not able to be mounted on a wall.
QuestionDoes this phone have an adjustment to increase or amplify the callers volume for hearing impaired users? If so, does it increase the volume on additional phones if three are linked? If not, is there another phone system that does amplify the volume?
- Answer Mick - The listening volume on the VTech DS6151 can be adjusted. However, if the volume is still low, you may check the model VTech SN5147. The said unit is an amplified corded/Cordless phone with answering System, big buttons, extra-loud ringer & Smart Call Blocker. Thank you, -VTech Support
- Answer Debbie - The VTech DS6151 is not compatible with cordless headsets. You may want to check the model VTech DS6251, which is compatible with the IS6200. Thank you, -VTech Support
- Answer Hi - The VTech DS6151 is not compatible with any cordless headset. You may check the model DS6251, which is compatible with a cordless headset model VTech IS6200. Thank you, -VTech Support
- Answer Hi - The VTech DS6151 has a mute feature. During a call, "MUTE" will be displayed on the lower left corner of the screen. You can press the mute softkey to turn off the microphone. Thank you, -VTech Support
QuestionThis is probably elementary, but with multiple handsets connected to the base station, can multiple handsets be making outgoing calls simultaneously? I know with a home system if you pick up a handset while another is in use you can't dial out.
- Answer Two lines can be connected to this base so that you can make and receive two individual calls using any of the handsets.
- Answer No, not when I purchased the main base phone in Sept. 2018. They were not available in stores within 100 miles of where I live in Florida or on line. I had to buy the additional handsets on Ebay or Amazon.
QuestionCan we set up the answering machine to collect messages from both lines 1 and 2 in the same mailbox? If so, how? Thank you.
- Answer Rob - The answering machine of the DS6151 is independent per line. The messages for both lines cannot be saved in the same mailbox. Thank you
QuestionCan you block unwanted callers?
- Answer Liz - No, the VTech DS6151 does not have a call blocking feature. Most of the phones that we manufacture that support the said feature are single line phones. You may check on CS6949, CS6929 or the D5151 if you are interested. Thank you for your interest!
QuestionAre there (2) phone jack plugs on the back of the phone? I have 2 separate landlines with (2) different phone numbers and I am hoping to consolidate 1 phone base where I can turn a phone number off/on as needed.
- Answer Yes. This phone has 2 separate line jacks. We use it in our bar . Our 2nd line is our delivery line.
- Answer This will hold 50 names and numbers.
QuestionIf I buy 5 of these units, yes 5. I want to plug each into separate phone jacks. Are the phones interchangeable from their base?
- Answer Hi - The handset on the VTech DS6151 will only talk to the telephone base it came with. However, you can interchange them for charging purposes. If you will be connecting all 5 units on the same telephone line, you can deregister the handsets from the telephone base units and re-register them to just 1 telephone base so they will all communicate to each other. For more details, please contact our Consumer Sales and Service Center between the hours of 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM Monday through Friday at 1-800-595-9511. Thank you, -VTech Support