Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $1,889.99
QuestionI want to clarify that there is an ice maker in the freezer, as well as a water filter/dispenser accessible inside the refrigerator operated by a button.
- Answer Hi Curious, the WRF535SWHZ does feature a freezer mounted internal Ice Maker. The only dispenser is button operated and located inside the Fresh Food (upper) section, on the left side wall which dispenses water from a small reservoir in the refrigerator. The WRF535SWHZ comes with a water filter installed, it is PN EDR4RXD1 and filtered water is sent to both the ice maker and water dispenser. Hope this helps!
QuestionSince the dimension without doors is listed and since there is no water through the door, is it safe to assume that the doors and drawer may be removed to fit through an opening narrower than 35.5 inches?
- Answer We just had this delivered and it needed to fit through a 31" doorway. The techs removed the appliance doors and it fit through with no problem.
QuestionI'm very concerned about it being noisy. Since my kitchen and living room, where I spend a lot of time in, are both in the same space very near each other, is this unit noisy? Any info on the noise level is greatly appreciated!
- Answer My layout is the same way. The only noise I hear is when the ice machine makes ice.
QuestionI know the width of the fridge is35 5/8 will an opening of 36” between cabinets be enough or what would be an adequate opening I know a lot of refrigerators are a little wider at points thank you
- Answer Have this fridge and also 36" wide opening, fits just fine.
QuestionWe ordered this refrigerator yesterday and it’s getting delivered on Friday. I just noticed that it is not frost free!??? Never heard of having to defrost a refrigerator in this day and age. Is it really not frost free?
- Answer Hello Bobbie! This specific model does have automatic defrost. Thank you for your inquiry on our Whirlpool appliances.
QuestionCan someone who has this exact model confirm if it actually has a dairy/butter lid on the top right as shown in the picture? Also, has anyone experienced any rust rash as many others noted in a previous model without the "resistant finish"?
- Answer I recently purchased this refrigerator and I can confirm that it does not have the butter shelf as indicated in the picture. I reached out to Whirlpool regarding this and they I informed me that this is considered and accessory. What is included on the right side are 3 shelving units and top shelving is similar to bottom shelves in the picture.
- Answer Good question. Same thing happened to us after about 1.5 weeks of use. We emptied it & unplugged it to defrost overnight. Started back up the next morning & haven't had the issue again...YET. It has only been about another week & a half. And we have not filled it back up yet. I suspect that someone didn't close the door completely, causing heat to enter and cause the frost. I hope it isn't a failure on the part of the fridge. Best of luck to you.
- Answer Hi Mish, the WRF535SWHZ, not sure which dimensions will be helpful, here are the Dimensions we have for you: Capacity (Cu Ft) 25.20 Cabinet Width (in) 35 5/8 Carton Depth 38 Carton Height 72 1/2 Carton Width 38 1/2 Depth 35 1/2 Height 70 1/8 Width 35 5/8 Depth Closed Excluding Handles 33 Depth Closed Including Handles 35 1/2 Depth Excluding Doors 29 1/8 Depth With Door Open 90 Degree 48 1/8 Depth-Drawer Open 52 1/8 Gross Weight 280 Height To Top Of Cabinet 68 7/8 Height To Top Of Door Hinge 70 1/8 Height To Top of Door Trim 70 1/8 Net Weight 262 Width Doors Open 90 Degrees 41
QuestionCan you disconnect the water / ice maker. Looking for this model but without those features.
- Answer According to the instructions; Yes. But you must make sure the ice maker function is I disabled while the water is disconnected
QuestionI am not interested in an icemaker or internal water. Can the refrigerator just be plugged in & good to go for cooling & freezing?
- Answer Questioner, you will be able to operate the Refrigerator without the water supply line installed. Hopefully, this information is beneficial to you. Thank you for your inquiry regarding our Whirlpool appliances!
QuestionDoes this have a door open alarm / sensor to let you know if you've mistakenly left the left side door open?
- Answer No it does not have an alarm to advise door is left open.
QuestionMy question is the same as question 71. The styrofoam is print with do not remove but if that is accurate it may the most poorly designed set up ever! I tend to think it is in place for shipping. But it’s sunday so have to call Monday
- Answer Whirlpool stated that the Styrofoam behind the back shelf could come out but doesn't need to come out. That they can't guarantee it won't create issues in the future. So no answers!!!
QuestionWhirlpool - 25.2 Cu. Ft. French Door Refrigerator with Internal Water Dispenser - Black - Model #WRF535SWHB - My doorway is 30.5" inches wide. Can the doors AND freezer drawer be removed to fit the unit through my doorway?
- Answer Hello dennis, yes, you can remove the doors and freezer drawer.
- Answer This Whirlpool® Refrigerator has a single compressor and a single evaporator. We hope this helps!
Questionhow easily do the drawers, including the longer "deli" one, open? are they on a track or glide open? I have seen this model in person and they seemed rough to open, but I wasn't sure if that was just the particular model I saw...
- Answer It opens OK, but both doors must be wide open to do it. (If one door opens into a wall, you won't be able to slide out the tray.)
- Answer Hello Cindy! Per the Use and Care Guide: Water from the dispenser is only chilled to 50°F (10°C). Thank you for your inquiry on our Whirlpool appliances.
Questionwhen you open the freezer door shouldn't lights from the french doors come on? Is it requited that the french doors come with lights to illuminate the freezer with this mode?
- Answer Familiarios, yes there is a light in the freezer that should come on when you open the freezer door. If it is not coming on, please give us a call at 800-253-1301. We are available from 8am-8pm Mon-Fri.