We purchased this Stainless Steel microwave to match the new oven we purchased as well (pictured together) and so far it has worked great for us!
- I decided to install this by myself and it was overall pretty easy. I recommend just watching a YouTube video to make sure you feel comfortable doing it all yourself.
- They give you some paper templates to mark in the wall and cabinets where you need to mark your holes, after that you are good to go! This is a two person job in my eyes when you are lifting it into place and screwing it in. It's not that its heavy, it's just easier with two people.
- It looks really nice! Seriously my favorite part is how nice the style is and the blue LED lights for the clock look sharp.
- The capacity on the inside is nice and spacious, I feel like I have plenty of room for bowls/cups/large plates or whatever I need.
- The microwave is quiet and works well heating up whatever I have in the unit.
- The Microwave can't be running at the same time you are doing a timer. This feature is so simple and has been around for a decade but for whatever reason Samsung doesn't support it.
- There is no quick start function as in I can't just put something in the microwave and hit a button for it to start right away for 1 minute. The closest thing is hitting the "+30" button and then hit start.
- The bottom of the microwave only has 1 lightbulb and it's not very bright. Would be nice to have 1 bulb on the left side and 1 on the right, or just a singular bright led bulb.
- I really think this is a great value of a microwave! It was a good price, looks really high end, works well, and I have had no issues with it. Yes it's missing a few minor functions but it's not a deal breaker for me. Whether you need a new microwave on it's own or want a stainless steel one to match the rest of your appliance, this one will work great!
This microwave was purchased with the Samsung 5.9 Cu. Ft. self-cleaning Freestanding Electric Convection Range - Stainless Steel. It replaced a traditional hood. I like this microwave, it’s a great size, but I wish it had instant one tap cooking buttons for 1 to 6 minutes like my old microwave. Thus, I only gave it 4 stars.
Had a rough start with this one...picked this microwave up to replace our broken one but it had a defect. The thread for the internal anchor screw was missing. One side was there but the other one was missing, making mounting impossible. Bestbuy made the replacement process as good as it could be, and had the replacement quickly (had to order, model not in store). I was just out my time to deal with return/pickup process. The replacement had no issues, and so far so good. Those internal anchor threads seem pretty flimsy, maybe why they break easily.
I ordered the microwave to pick up at the store. I was warned by the BestBuy rep to examine my microwave for dents/damage. I looked at it immediately when I got it home, it had a significant crumple on the back corner. I'm glad I examined it immediately, back to the store it went. Waited another week to receive a replacement, I examined it at the store, even though it made me look like a skeptic, that's okay with me.
This microwave was a keeper. Easy to install, although I needed a second set of hands to lift it on the hanger. Measure twice (or three times), drill once. Only required a minor adjustment to the drilled hole.
Be aware that the filter "kit" is merely a filter already included. It rests in the middle slot at a tilt, and rests on 2 tabs that are at a slant. This was not intuitive to me. I made a call to Samsung, the helper was pretty good at explaining where the filter belongs as it is not clearly stated in the instructions.
Very happy with the microwave, straightforward install. I'm a "okay" diyer and like to do things myself because I want it done right and I spend the time to read instructions or ask questions when I can't find the information myself.
5 out of 5
5 out of 5
Ease of Use
5 out of 5
I would recommend this to a friend
Rating 4 out of 5 stars with 1 review
A Bit of a Hassle
Owned for 1 month when reviewed.
The Samsung - 1.7 Cu.Ft.Over-the-Range Microwave deserves 5 stars. Excellent Microwave!
However, Best Buy's quality control leaves something to be desired, to say the least.
The first one we picked up was evidently shipped from the manufacturer on the top outside edge of a pallet full, where the banding was over tightened to such an extent that it was obvious from the outside of the box that the item inside must be damaged. That did not stop BestBuy from selling it however.
I returned it and BestBuy delivered another one. AND this one was damaged in the exact same manner but not nearly as severely. This one still functioned, so to avoid further hassle we kept it. Once installed, the damage was hidden from sight and was fairly slight, especially compared with the first one and doesn't seem to impair its performance, thankfully.
In BestBuy's favor they delivered the second one promptly and without charge.
A:AnswerWe do not have a vent to outside. The fan on this model works better than our old microwave. With our old microwave, the smoke alarm would go off if something dripped in the oven even with the fan on. In the month since we have this new microwave our smoke alarm has not gone off even once.