The steelbook edition of 13 Hours is really rather nice. It has excellent artwork on it and the build quality is great as well. The blu ray's video and audio quality is fantastic and the selection of bonus features/behind-the-scenes is nice as well.
Here's a breakdown of the special features.
- "For the Record: Finding the Truth Amid the Noise" (1080p, 8:02): A short yet fascinating look at the real history leading up to the events of September 11 and 12 in Libya, the administration's claim that the situation evolved in response to an Internet video and the political firestorm that followed, the book written in the aftermath, Michael Bay's passion for the project, and the survivors' input into the movie.
- "Uncovering Benghazi's Secret Soldiers" (27:34): A look at the work of contract security personnel, interviews with the real people who were in Benghazi, a tour of the main sets made for the movie (including pointing out small discrepancies), stories from the men's time in country, the collaboration and camaraderie between the actors and the real people they portray, performances, the Shadow Warriors Project, and more.
- "Preparing for Battle: Behind the Scenes of 13 Hours" (26:24): Michael Bay's work behind the camera, intensity on the set, the picture's look and tone, technical details behind the shoot, ensuring realism in the film, actor training, shooting in Malta, crafting key action scenes, and the movie's purpose.
- "Operation: 13 Hours Premiere" (3:00): Inside the movie's premiere at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
- "In Memoriam" (2:58): Amazing Grace plays atop photos of the deceased.
The movie itself is very well put together and, given the nature of the story and the politics surrounding it it was (surprisingly given Michael Bay's directorial "finesse "), quite competently executed.
If you like the action, historical, or drama genres, pick this up. It's a story that needed to be told and heard and it's well worth it.