A Musical Journey: Venice, Italy - City of Water and Light [DVD] 
This item is no longer available in new condition.
See similar items below.
The Naxos Musical Journey series of programs pair onscreen tours of famous cities and landmarks with the music that emerged from those locales. This particular volume highlights Venice - that glorious Queen of the Adriatic, radiant with canals and gondolas. A city constructed entirely on an 117-islet archipelago, it remains one of the most historic cities in Europe, untainted by technology and contemporaneity, instead retaining much of its historic detail and charm. The Venetian sites featured here include Campanile, the Piazzetta San Marco, The Doge's Palace, The Arsenal, and many more, while the music on the soundtrack is pulled entirely from Antonio Vivaldi's twelve-concerto cycle Il Cimento dell'Armonia e dell'Inventione (1725).~Nathan Southern
- GenreMusic DVDs,Documentary, Special Interests
- SubgenreArmchair Travel [nf],Music History [nf]
- TitleA Musical Journey: Venice, Italy - City of Water and Light
- Countries ProducedUnited States
- Duration57 minutes
- Year of Release1991
- Product TagsDVD
- Program TypeOneTimeOnly
- Sound FeaturesDigital Theater Systems (akin to 5.1), stereo, Dolby Digital w/ sub-woofer channel
- Region Code0
- StudioNaxos DVD
- Product NameA Musical Journey: Venice, Italy - City of Water and Light [DVD]