I’ll come back to comment (if I can) based on if these do sprout. H/e the start is rough. The grow sponges are extra tiny-to the point they float when placed in the Aero garden. I had to fiddle with it. A roach was also packaged with the items-that was a fun surprise -_- The lettuce pods are to the right in each pic .( In comparison to other pods). Also one seed sprouted (it was placed in the aero garden about 10 hours prior).
Ease of Use
1 out of 5
2 out of 5
2 out of 5
No, I would not recommend this to a friend
Brand response from AeroGrow
We are so sorry to hear you've had a negative experience. Please contact our customer service department on the Aerogarden website, so we can make this right for you.
Ease of Use
5 out of 5
5 out of 5
5 out of 5
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Best with colder weather
Owned for 1 month when reviewed.
The lettuce turned out good. I was unaware that lettuce grows best in cold weather. I will buy again.
The aero garden vegetables are easy to grow and produce a decent yield. The lettuce and cherry tomatoes are quite tasty. Once you set up the garden you choose which part you watched with the plant. Typically within a week to 10 days they have sprout it and they grow with very little attention. Just make sure you keep the water level up and you feed them every two weeks as indicated. Pretty much any one can do this. I think it is very educational for little ones to see how these things grow and that you can actually eat what you grow.
I have tried multiple pod kits since I purchased my 6-pod AeroGarden last year. I am rarely disastified. My experience has been that the seed pods produce SO much its hard to keep it maintained and/or use all of the greens/food produced.
While using this product specifically (The Heirloom Salad Greens) I was disappointed that one of my seed pods did not sprout at all. I contacted customer service, as all AeroGarden Pod's come with Gurantee. The company was great at meeting my needs and shipped out a new pod right away. Unfortuatnely for me, that pod did not manage to sprout either. In the end, it worked out okay, as the other 5 pods produced so much that we had salads every other night and still struggled to eat it all!
A:AnswerYou can reuse the same lights. Typically, the LED lights last at least 3-5 years. We have replacement parts for you if purchase at a low cost if you ever to need to replace part of your AeroGarden. And if anything happens during the first year, those replacement parts are provided free of charge under our 1-year manufacturer warranty.
Additionally, customer service is always here to help you fix small parts and replace larger parts to keep your AeroGarden growing for years to come. Please reach out to our customer service team with any further questions or concerns.
A:AnswerYou can definitely replant the pod into a pot with soil. To transplant from the AeroGarden try these steps:
1) Moisten some high quality potting soil (get a really good soil from your garden center or a hydroponic store)
2) Remove plant from AeroGarden
3) With heavy duty scissors carefully cut the basket in half lengthwise and remove the pod from the roots.
4) Place roots into a 4 inch peat pot, holding top of pod level with top of pot
5) Gently drop in soil around the roots, building up toward the top, so that when the last soil fills the pot, it is filling around the top of the pod
6) Press down around the pod, gently, so compress the soil around the pod and support the plant
7) Add more soil if needed
8) Place pot in a well lit, but not sunny location for one week, keeping soil evenly moist (bottom watering is best for this)
9) After a week, move to a sunny location or under grow lights
10) After another week, start hardening off to move outside. Place plants on a shady porch, first for an hour a day, then gradually increasing as they “harden”. After about a week, if weather permits (above freezing) you can transplant them into the ground or outdoor containers.
11) You can skip steps 1-9 if you harden off the plants well in advance of transplanting, but steps 1-9 really help the plants adjust to soil
Please reach out to our customer service team on our website with any further questions or concerns.