Ratings & Reviews
- Frog-E-Oke Sing-Along:
- Sing, howl and croak along with Kermit and the gang.
- -Muppet Treasure Island - "Cabin Fever"
- -The Great Muppet Caper - "Steppin' Out With A Star" & "Happiness Hotel"
- "The Tale Of The Story Beyond The Tail":
- Set sail with the Muppets - and try not to get seasick - as cast, crew and creatures take a look back at the making of the movie.
- "Let The Good Shine Out" music video
- Audio commentary
Robert Louis Stevenson's classic tale of a young orphan who becomes involved with pirate Long John Silver is given the Muppet treatment in this vibrant children's musical. As in The Muppet Christmas Carol, the film stays loyal to the original storyline but casts the well-known puppets in many of the supporting roles. Young Jim Hawkins remains human, as does Long John Silver, played by an amusingly exaggerated Tim Curry. However, Captain Smollet is played by the evergreen Kermit the Frog; Miss Piggy, Gonzo, and Rizzo the Rat serve as roving narrators; and numerous other Muppets assume smaller roles. The familiar adventure plot is enlivened by the Muppets' good-natured, winking sense of humor, and a number of anarchic musical numbers are reminiscent of the original Muppet Show. Long-time followers of the Muppets may find the film less fresh than Jim Henson's original creations, but the combination of old-fashioned storytelling, intriguing design, and clever humor will undoubtedly amuse younger audiences. ~ Judd Blaise, Rovi
The Great Muppet Caper
The Great Muppet Caper is the second Muppet film and it is considerably more complex than its predecessor, The Muppet Movie, which was essentially just a road movie. As the film begins, Kermit the Frog and Fozzie Bear are reporters who have failed to bag a story of a London jewel heist, which happened under their watch. The real criminals managed to escape and frame Miss Piggy as the thief. Kermit, Fozzie and the Great Gonzo set out on a mission to solve the mystery and track down the criminals who stole the Baseball Diamond. There are fewer star cameos and songs in The Great Muppet Caper than in The Muppet Movie, although appearances from John Cleese and Charles Grodin are particularly memorable. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Tim Curry - Long John Silver
- Jennifer Saunders - Mrs. Bluveridge
- Kevin Bishop - Jim Hawkins
- Billy Connolly - Billy Bones
- Frank Oz - Benjamina Gunn (Miss Piggy)