I have had a hue bridge and lights for sometime now and I love it. I have hue lights throughout my house and being able to control them all , on off, brightness, and color for the places I have those bulbs is great. Easy to set up, and just works great. That said a few things have improved over the last 2 years to give this product a true 5 Star review.
1) The app is finally decent -- it was brutal before, so brutal that a third party app for hue lights worked better. Now it is easy to setup scenes and light groups so you can control various lights in groups, and have preset customized colors and or brightness
2) BR30 Bulbs in white! For those of us with recessed lights, or finished basements, the only option for the longest time was the colored lights. And that can get REALLY Expensive, especially if it is in an area that you have lots of lights, and do not even want the color capabilities. Well now you can get HUE Dimmable White bulbs at a fraction of the cost. ( Be careful though to by HUE not just Phillips or it wont work )
3) Harmony Hub integration - If you use harmony hub for your home, you can integrate it so that you can create a complete activity with lighting. So for example hitting the watch movie button on your remote, can not only turn on the tv and sound, then switch to your roku, but it can also set the lights to the color/brightness state you want.
4) Integrates to Echo ( and to google home, especially if you are using the harmony )That's right, you can control light groups by name and for on and off.
5) The Hue Switch. At first we had the Hue Tap - it was kind of clunky, hard to press the buttons, I for one didnt like it, but it was better than having to use the physical switch and actually turn the lights off, - but now they have the Hue Switch. It can be set to turn things on or off and or DIM, and its not only super user friendly, works great, but is pretty inexpensive.
If you have been thinking about getting into the world of customized lighting, the product concept is really well flushed out at this point.