Like the title says, to me, this is pretty much the Best Bluetooth headset in the Market, however with that said I do have some small complaints with this device and as well as some good stuff to say about it so keep in mind that this is my second replacement from BestBuy as the first one either had a defect or perhaps I might have damaged it.
1.Excellent microphones built in: it let's callers hear me very clearly, specially if your phone has HD voice built in, you will get the best clarity when callers hear you. On other brands I had, people would complaint about hearing my voice very muffled but not with the 5220, everyone who I talk to says they can hear me very clearly.
2. Battery life: so far it has given me about 6 hours 55 minutes out of the advertised 7 hours and 15 minutes of talk time and since i do have it on standby, when im not on a call with someone the Bluetooth has last me more then my 10 hour work shift. I can drive home which is another hour or longer depending on traffic and I still have about 2 hours left!
3. The design: it looks very sleek and professional. I have gotten compliments on the streets which is weird to me as that has never happened before.
4. The gel ear tips feel very comfortable but can be a little tricky to remove to swap out to your proper size, you have to put a little pressure to change the ear tips so be carefull.
5. The button for commands: it is awesome, I am using the 5220 with my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and works great when I want to call someone, I can say call so and so person and it will do it. I can also use Google assistant with it which is pretty awesome, I LOVE that feature.
6. Bluetooth connection Range: it claims to give 98 feet from your phone, however on my test I got 65 feet before it disconnected from the 5220 which is by far one of the Best i have ever tested! Most of the ones I've owned in the past barely give me 20 feet range with lots of static.
Now for the cons:
1. The manual: unfortunetely there is no explanation as to how the device charges, specially if this is your first Plantronics Bluetooth this is important.
To put it as short as i can, the little LED light turns red when the 5220 is low on battery power,
flashes red/blue when its pairing to your phone for the first time,
Flashes blue 3 times every 5 seconds or so to indicate that the Bluetooth is almost fully charged, then turns off when its fully charged.
Recommended charger is a 5 volts 1 AH, DO NOT use a 5 volt 2 AH as it will Damage the battery. I think that's why my first one stopped powering on after a few days of buying it.
2. The charger,
Sigh..... The 5220 came with a car charger instead of a home charger, it's sort of good as i read that the older 5200 version didn't even have a charger. However, Most people charge their Bluetooth headsets with a charging brick that usually comes with your Bluetooth earpeace, I don't know anyone who would use a car charger to charge their bluetooth inside a home so a home charger would have been a better idea. Most would be using the Bluetooth for hands free talking in a car not charging it in one. They also don't sell a charging brick made for it. So once again make sure you buy a random 5 Volt 1 amp hour USB charger to properly charge your 5220 in case you don't have time to charge it off your PC.
3.the volume, if you Max out the volume on the 5220 you will Damage the speaker inside the Bluetooth and it will sound like a torn plastic bag when people call you. I made that mistake with the first one so i recommend only having it at 80% volume to avoid this problem. That seems to be working for me so far.
Bottom line: it's still a great Bluetooth headset and I hope the next version comes with a HOME CHARGER. The price is a little steep for what you get out of the box specially since you are not getting a proper charger for it and there is also no case provided to store it, not even a case you can buy as an extra add on like the last version but it's still worth it based on its performance and extremely well sound quality of making and receiving calls. So I would still recommend it to anyone over any other brand out there, specially if you are able to drop the cash for one of these.