Questions & Answers
- Answer Yes-This new generation will pick up all the books in your Amazon library and show them in the cloud as soon as you connect to WiFi. You then download those you want to on the device by tapping on the book. You can move back and forth between Cloud and On Device at will. You can also sideload your books from your computer to your Kindle very easily.
QuestionDoes the Kindle come with a power adapter?Hi. Is the power adapter included in the stated price?
- Answer Hin-Nope. That's a separate purchase. If you have another power adapter, make sure to read that tiny little pring on it to verify it has all the same power levels to work on your Kindle. My Nook Simple touch power adapter works fine with my Kindle Touch.
QuestionWill I be able to read in the sun light without a glare? I can not use my table in the sunlight too much glare.
- Answer the kindle is designed to work in hi light area. go to the beach, read out doors....no problem
- Answer Yes it does! I love to read with Large Font, where my wife likes small font. It is located at the top left of any screen. Just tap the "A" and you can adjust the Font Size, and even the Writing from about 5 choices.
QuestionDoes the Kindle have a slot for an SD card?Can an SD card be used with a Kindle and if so, what capacity?
- Answer No. The Kindles do not allow the use of an SD card. That's been my complaint all along. I have a Kindle with Special Offerings and a Kindle Fire HDX and can't expand the memory with an SD card. Amazon should change this. I think they figure items can be shifted around between the device and the cloud.
QuestionSpecial offer adsHow intrusive are the ads? How often do they show up? Do they interfere with your reading? Are they only ads for amazon or are they other things too (credit cards, websites etc)? thanks
- Answer So far my ads have only been on the page when it is off and initially upon start up. You have the ability to choose what type of ads in the settings. I have only seen ads for books that are similar to what I like. They never interfere with reading.
Questionhow do I load e-books from my pc?I can get e-books from my library to my pc. how do I load them into my kindle with a usb cable(no wifi)?
- Answer you can email PDF to your kindle email account
- Answer touch top of screen and then touch home icon. touch and hold on book you wish to delete. a menu will appear. select remove from device. if you ever want to add this book back, go to your amazon account and redelieiver to your kindle
QuestionHeadphonesDoes this product have the ability for sound? I would like a product that i can use to both read books and listen to audio books on. Thank you!
- Answer This item does not have sound capabilities. You might want to take a look at the kindle fire products. If your interested in a sound kindle.
Questiondoes this kindle operate immediately or do you have to go through a registration/set up processOur last kindle did not work out of the box & our computer tech had to do the necessary setup. How can I avoid this with the new one?
- Answer mine was already registered when i recieved it
- Answer If you used your amazon account for the kindle, and sends book to it using amazon email, all the books are preserved in your amazon account online and can be send from there to the new kindle. If your old kindle is not completely dead - connect it to the computer, look for Reader disk that will appear and then copy books from there to your comp. Then connect a new kindle to computer and copy books back to the drive.
QuestionHow can I charge my new Kindel? How do I know when it needs charging? Didn't see a charger only a usb in the box.
- Answer Connect it using this cable to any USB charger (one that work for your android phone or iPhone). Or directly to computer.
QuestionDoes this one have audio capabilities and/or the text to speech feature? Is there a headphone jack?
- Answer No, this model does not have that function.
- Answer The Kindle ereader comes with a USB power cord. The little end plugs into the Kindle and the USB end plugs into your computer. When I purchase a book from a source other than Amazon (but in the AZW or Mobi format for Kindle), I download it to my computer then sideload to book onto my Kindle via the USB cord. Not a problem!
QuestionIs this a "Special Offers" version?Is this Kindle the "With Special Offers" (ads on lock screen & sponsored screensavers) or "Without Special Offers" configuration?
- Answer WITH... if you want to save 25 bucks and you don't mind commercials its your option ..
- Answer no, you need a Kindle Fire to have apps like you mention
QuestionI have the Kindle Fire HD and would like to trade down to the Kindle 6 inch for $79.00. Does the trade in in the store deal in the store work to do a
- Answer Yes. You just take it to customer service. Ask how much it is worth. Bring your charger, because it is a price difference without it and with it. Then you will get store credit and you can use the store credit on anything in best buy!