Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $89.99
QuestionWhat does ad-supported mean? Is glare free the same as paperwhite? Can this be used outside in the sun and not have glare?
- Answer ad supported means the lock screen displays a book title that you may be interested in. As soon as you open the kindle, the ad is gone, never to be seen again (well, until the next time you go to open your kindle) It's not a distraction at all. Sorry, not sure of the answers to the other questions yet.
Questiondoes this include wifi
- Answer Hi Ajay, This device needs Wifi to be able to download books. Once they are downloaded to device, the books can be read offline. Wifi is needed, but needs to be provided externally. There are cellular models of Kindle Paperwhites and Oasis that will allow you to not need your own wifi to make this device work. Hope that info helps.
QuestionIs this the Kindle 2019 Model and does it come with an adapter? If not, can any adapter work?
- Answer It is the 2019 version of the regular Kindle, it came with a cord but no plug. I set the cord aside and can't tell which one it is at this point, but as I recall it was a normal cord, meaning a USB-A male end and a micro-USB male end. The Kindle itself accepts a micro-USB male plug, if you are like me you'll have about twenty chargers laying around that will work with it.
- Answer Touch screen
- Answer Hello, Bev! Yes! The Kindle is made to be read in all lighting. The Kindle is made to be easily read in sunlight or at night. You can always adjust the lighting on the device for whatever you like best. I hope that helps! Have a great day!
- Answer Yes. You can pinch and zoom to make the print larger. (Which is great since you don't have to navigate small menus to do it.)
QuestionCan I transfer books from my old, old kindle to this one or are they gone forever? If yes, how would I go about doing this? If I activate a new kindle will my old one no longer work?
- Answer Yes, it should have happened easily, but didn't. However a long telephone conversation with Kindle rep got it done. Part of the reason for the phone call taking so long was a bad telephone connection and a rep who was a bit difficult to understand.
- Answer YES. Just go to “My devices” under Settings, select this device, then follow the steps to disable the ads. You will be prompted to pay a fee to Amazon (of course, eyeroll).
- Answer Currently I believe it is $20 plus any applicable tax. Go to "manage your content and devices", select your device, and try to remove offers. It will tell you the price and allow you to either pay it or keep ads (special offers.)
QuestionWhat is the screen made from ?
- Answer Hello, Gene. The screen is kind of plastic feeling, but a bit more goes into the screen than just the top layer since this is an e-ink reader. There are essentially layers to the screen, but the outermost layer appears to be plastic based. I hope that helps!