- QuestionI had a Westell router / modem and ran a direct line from the wall It died. I bought an ASUS RT-AC1750 and I am thinking I will need a modem bought separately. Is that correct. I get no signal with the DSL line coming in. Please advise. (2 Answers)Answers
The asus RT-AC1750 is only a router so you will definitely need to purchase a modem as well. Do you have DSL? if so who is your provider? I once had DSL with AT&T years ago and I found it troublesome to use my own separate router with their equipment which is usually a DSL modem and router in one ( gateway) so depending on who you have as your ISP provider you may be better off to invest in a cable modem/router built into one unit as opposed to buying a router and a modem separately because if you're going to use your own router with your ISP's gateway you would have to call them and they would have to put it in bridge mode and turn off the wireless router thats built into their unit in order for the router that you buy to work properly and depending on who your ISP is that can be a hassle. From my own personal experience I can tell you that Actiontec makes a good DSL modem/router combo that has good range, etc.... I think Netgear makes some decent ones as well......hope thet helps.....
- Questionwill this work with century link (2 Answers)
- QuestionWill it replace my Verizon "rental" Router? (4 Answers)Answers
Depends but probably not since most Internet service providers like Verizon typically use all-in one routers with integrated cable modems. If that was the case, you would also need to purchase a separate cable modem that is compatible with Verizon's incoming Internet line into your home. Best you call Verizon and discuss what they support if you choose to own your own equipment.
- QuestionDoes this router supports VPN Client (4 Answers)
- Questionwhat is the warranty (2 Answers)Answers
- Questiondoes work with comcast / xnfinity well? (4 Answers)Answers
- QuestionIs this DOCSIS 3.0? (2 Answers)
- QuestionWill it work with Charter Spectrum? And does it include wifi? (5 Answers)
- QuestionIs asus compatible with gateway (Fios) for wifi extender in home (1 Answer)Answers
Yes it is. If you have your network trucked into your home,office ect use it in AP mode to repeat running a cable network connection into it this will help you avoid bottlenecking its speeds from going to WiFi to WiFi just set its network names to your current networks on its respective bands and your good to go.
- QuestionI am looking for a router that can reach up to 300 ft. (2 Answers)Answers
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions