Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $1,434.99
The regular price is $1,749.99
Question1) Are you able to install a 2nd SSD in this model, and if so, what type? NVMe or SATA? 2) Is there a 2nd memory slot? is the current 16GB one chip or 2x8GB?
- Answer I was able to upgrade to a 2TB SSD using a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB M.2 SATA Internal SSD. Note that this is a V-NAND SSD with an 'M' & 'B' Key SSD Edge Connector. This is critical when you order the replacement drive. If you get the right drive connection, it is easy to upgrade. I didn't see much speed improvement, but I now have the extra disk space I need. As others have pointed out, the memory is permanently mounted on the motherboard, so you can't upgrade.
QuestionDoes this version of the zenbook pro have the touch pad display? I know for a fact the i9 version does just wondering if this one had it too.
- Answer Yes,it has touch pad display which ASUS called it Screenpad.
QuestionWhat kind of real-world battery life do you get with this i7 version? All of the expert reviews seem to review the i9 version only. Thanks!
- Answer Usually, with Office and Web surfing I got 4 to 6 hours.
QuestionThe back light keys. In the photo are red, can you change the color? Can you cycle through the back light on the keys to turn off, dim, medium and bright?
- Answer The keyboard back light is white and it doesn't change color. It can be dimmed, brightened, turned off and on using hotkeys, "Fn + F3" and "Fn + F4".
- Answer The keyboard is very sturdy. No movement at all. The entire laptop is encased in a metal housing. It is one of the reasons I bought it. This is a very robust and strong laptop.
QuestionDoes this come with Windows 10 Pro or Home? Some of the specs on the ASUS site don't match what Best Buy lists.
- Answer It comes with Windows Home. I wish however that Windows Pro would have been included. Nonetheless, it's an amazing laptop.
QuestionCan the battery in this model be replaced? -- if not by the user, by the manufacturer or Geek Squad?
- Answer Yes, the battery is replaceable.
QuestionSimilar questions have been asked, but not this exact one. Does the M.2 slot on the Motherboard support the NVMe protocol at the full bandwidth of PCIe 3.0 x4? I know the installed M.2 SSD only supports the SATA protocol; I'm planning on replacing it. ty.
- Answer Yes, the laptop does support M.2 NVMe besides a M.2 SATA.
- Answer well windows 10 has Microsoft hello, haven't actually tried it. It does have a fingerprint reading device. I Haven't used it on the ASUS yet, but on an old but living win7 HP that fingerprint swiper is a great way to wake up or login.
- Answer Warranty's are transferable
QuestionWhy does the model number at the top start with UX580GD when that is the i9 model? According to Asus' website the latest model of this i7 version should have the GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPU. So is this last years version? Thank you
- Answer The model being sold at BestBuy is a different configuration. The configuration with an i9 CPU comes with the GeForce GTX 1050 Ti.
QuestionFor the i7 model that comes with the SATA SSD drive can you upgrade to a PCIe drive? Is it compatible? Thank you
- Answer Yes, you can replace SATA SSD drive to a PCIe drive. Due to the unit only has one M.2 SSD slot, you need to remove the original drive in order to upgrade it to a PCIe drive. However, if you decide to upgrade it to a PCIe drive, we recommend you that send the unit to a professional for a hard drive upgrade.
QuestionHas anyone tried the ASUS Stylus Pen (90NB0000-P00100) with this laptop? The pen lists compatibility with UX550, which is an earlier model, so wondering if the ASUS website just hasn't been updated.
- Answer The ASUS Stylus Pen does work with the UX580GD.