Questions & Answers
- Answer Thanks for your interest, Mike. You can use aluminum foil on or around the food being cooked. Never use aluminum foil on the crumb tray, the floor, the walls, or along the entire rack. Doing so will cause overheating and improperly manipulates heat reflection, leading to poor results.
QuestionSomeone said there is no way to end the cycle if the food is cooked before the timed setting. Is there a way to stop it without letting the time run out?
- Answer The manual explains how to do this. You simply push the button again and it stops. The digital button will stay lit for a few minutes then automatically go off. No problem.
- Answer Yes, the area directly in front of the door will have an increased temperature when the unit is in use.
Questioncan we bake chicken or pork ?
- Answer Thank you for your interest. This Black+Decker Extra Wide Countertop Oven is ideally suited for roasting meats! Its extended interior fits an entire 13”x9” pan, so you can also bake lasagna, brownies, and even 12” frozen pizzas in no time.
- Answer Thank you for your question. To adjust the time when baking, press the timer buttons to select the desired time. Then press the up arrow for a longer time period, and down for a shorter time period. Select Stay On by pressing the down arrow past zero. The Stay On icon will show in the display panel.
QuestionIs it possible to get the rack near the center? The picture makes it look as though it's always either close to the top or to the bottom.
- Answer Hi Mike, The rack can be adjusted at three different positions. The picture here is not very clear. Here is the manufacturer's product webpage http://www.blackanddeckerappliances.com/products/cooking-appliances/convection-and-toaster-ovens/to3290xsd-digital-extra-wide-toaster-oven.aspx You can zoom in one of the pictures and see the centre rack position. Hope it helps or I can post you a picture of my oven.
QuestionWhat material is on the inside (top/bottom/sides) of this toaster oven, i.e., stainless steel, aluminum, etc.? Thank you
- Answer Thank you for your question. All of our current toaster oven models have a zinc coated interior. Zinc coating is durable and contributes to heat and IR energy distribution.
QuestionI need to know the dimensions of this oven. I have a built in cabinet space that I want this to fit in. The depth of this space is 12". Will this fit?
- Answer The dimensions can be found in the specifications section for this product.
QuestionThis machine is far too complicated for me to operate. The boxes have been discarded and I wonder if there is an way to return it without them.?????
- Answer Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your Black+Decker Extra Wide Countertop Oven. We're sorry to hear that you've been somewhat frustrated with your oven's controls, and we'd like to help you become more familiar with setting your oven. Please visit us at www.ProdProtect.com or contact our Consumer Care Line at 1-800-231-9786, so we can address your concerns.