Questions & Answers
QuestionI just bought a bosch 24 inch washer from Bestbuy, and found I can not plug into my old washer socket, also not know if the machine run by 220V or 110v? Please help. Thanks.
- Answer When we bought the Bosch washer at Best Buy they did not inform us that it was a 220 volt, I fond that out when I was surching for the electric info . I called our electrician an he put a 220 volt pluck in the wall . When they delivered the wacher we found out that it had a total different pluck,so we had to call our electrician again and he fixt the promblem. I think that Best Buy sales had no idea about this problem PIET
QuestionCan the plug on the Bosch 300 be changed to an 110 US PLUG - in other words, used without being plugged into a Bosch dryer?
- Answer Hi Pippin. Thank you for your question. The Washer is designed to plug into the Bosch Dryer. If you are purchasing the Washer separately, you will need to have a NEMA 6-15, 240 V outlet installed to accommodate the 3-prong plug on the Washer.
- Answer HI Pat. Thank you for your question. A three prong cord can be put on a Bosch compact dryer. The washer is designed to be plugged into the dryer.
QuestionI am purchasing the Bosch 500 series stackable washer and dryer. What electrical outlet needs to be installed? Also what about the drain. Do I need a stackable kit or does it come with the product?
- Answer Hi Victoria. Thank you for your question. The 500 Series Washer and Dryer include the cold and hot water hoses, electric power cords for washer and dryer. The washer power cord plugs into the dryer and the dryer has a four-prong plug, which can be changed to a three-prong plug by the installer. We have two stacking kits available for this unit. They are WTZ20410UC, which is a standard stacking kit and WTZ11400UC, which has a pull-out tray.
QuestionMy laundry closet only has ONE 240v outlet. Would this laundry set (washer and dryer) only need this one outlet? I am reading that the washer connects to the dryer, then the dryer connects to a 4 prong 240v outlet correct?
- Answer You are correct. One single 240V outlet services both machines. A separate 110V outlet is not needed. I believe that Bosch is one of the few that has this setup. Note that the matching dryer is also ventless, so no vent to the outside is needed either. All you need is one 240V outlet, hot and cold water faucets, and a drain. Both the washer and the dryer connect to the drain.
QuestionHave any purchasers of the front loading Bosch washing machine noticed issues with mildew or odors as a result of the tight seal on the door? I currently have another brand and the has been an issue. I am scrubbing the gasket after every wash cycle.
- Answer After each cycle, there is a small amount of water left on the bottom part of the seal. I simply wipe it off with a couple of paper towels. Then, I leave the door opened for about 6 to 8 hours. By doing this, I have never had mildew or odors of any kind. It really is an easy and simple solution.
QuestionDo I need to get an electrician to switch my outlet to 240 V if I only buy the 500 series washer, and not the dryer, or can I plug the washer into my normal 120 V grounded (3 prong) outlet? I am not planning to plug anything else into the same outlet.
- Answer Hi there, thank you for your question. You will need to switch your current outlet to 220v.
QuestionI want to buy this washer/dryer for a small space, but am concerned about these issues raised in some reviews: moldy smell; collection of water in unit; mildew; and long length of time to dry a load. Can you let me know your experiences? thanks!
- Answer The mold Smell is because water collects in the rubber ring outside of the drum. To prevent that, I wipe out the washer and leave the washer door open to air it out.
QuestionCan wheels be put on this washer
- Answer I don't know or any sort of kit to do this, but if you are handy it could be done. Perhaps a $20 furniture moving dolly would work. That said, one would not leave a washing machine running while on wheels, without locking them securely, as even the very best balanced machines (which this is) might walk away and pull the drain hose or water hoses.........that would be bad. ;-)
QuestionIs the set stackable?
- Answer yes it is stackable when you purchase stack kit one below is one option, there is a less expensive option as well.
I would recommend:
QuestionI ordered a washer drain pan with 25in depth and this washer is 25in depth. Will it be too tight or just right?
- Answer Hi there. Thank you for your question. Here are the overall appliance dimensions (HxWxD) (in) 33 1/4" x 23 1/2" x 24 1/4".
QuestionDo I need to know which direction the door will swing when I place the order for the Bosch 300 series washer/dryer?
- Answer Facing the washer, the hinge is on your left side.
Questionhow do plug my washing int the dryer if they are not next to each other, is there an extension I can use to reach?
- Answer Hi aqua. Thank you for your question. There is not an extension available for the Washer Cord. Perhaps you could have a 240 V, NEMA 6-15 (3 prong) installed to plug the washer into.
- Answer Depends on the thickness. Our king size down comforters won’t fit. But our fleece ones would.
QuestionCan you switch the way the door opens so the hinge is on the left side? Or it is right side hinge only?
- Answer Hi Shumi. Thank you for your question. The door on the 500 Series Compact Dryer can be switched.
- Answer The delivery crew brought a 3 prong cable and adapted the electrical connections inside the washer. The process is described in the manual for the washing machine.
- Answer Hi there, thank you for your question. Yes, this washer will fit under a standard kitchen counter.
QuestionCan I use the Pedestal with the Washer if I plan to stack the Washer and Dryer? I am concerned the Washer is too low to the floor with my bad back it could be a problem.
- Answer Hi Warren, thank you for your question. The pedestals are not designed to support the combined weight of a stacked pair. Also, center of gravity on the pair gets too high when raised causing a potential tipping safety issue. Thank you for your interest in Bosch products.