Questions & Answers
- QuestionIs the price listed for one speaker or for a pair? (2 Answers)
- Questionare these speakers wireless (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWill it plug directly into your TV? (2 Answers)Answers
In order for these speakers to play the sound from your TV, you will first need to purchase a stereo or home theater receiver. The receiver would provide power for the speakers and it will also allow you to connect your TV sound so that it plays through the speakers. You will need to make sure that your TV has an audio output and also that the receiver has the same type of audio input connection. Thank you for the question!
- QuestionCan I use these speakers with an older Sony Stereo system? (5 Answers)
- Questionreplacement mounting brackets (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionAre the 161 wall brackets included in the box? (4 Answers)Answers
- QuestionCan the speakers plug into a desk top computer (2 Answers)Answers
Hello Mike. Great question. The Bose 161 speakers need to be powered by an external device such as an amplifier or receiver, otherwise there will be no audio. A computer would not have enough power to drive the 161 speakers. However, you could connect the output from the computer to a receiver and then connect the 161 speakers to the receiver's speaker outputs and use it that way. Thanks!
- QuestionUse of 161 as front speaker with a Acoustimass 10 IV (2 Answers)Answers
The 161 speakers are meant to be used with a 3rd party receiver directly. For the best sound quality we generally recommend that the Acoustimass 10 IV system be used only with the original speakers it was sold with. However, if you do want to try setting the 161's up as your front speakers (or as surround or back speakers) make sure you plug them by standard speaker wire straight into your receiver. Do not connect them to the Acoustimass 10 bass module the way your cube speakers attach. For further setup help with our products, please contact 800-380-4831. Hours are Mon-Fri from 8:30AM to 9PM est & Sat 9AM to 5PM
- QuestionCan I use these as replacements for the front speakers? (2 Answers)
I have a 5 year old 5.1 Sony hometheatre set (basic set of around 300 dollar)Never was too happy with the sound.. I don t want to invest too much in something new. When I replace the front speakers will this give a big improvement? Or better save up for a new set?Answers
Hi there, Replacing the front speakers of your home theater will make the most dramatic improvement to the sound quality. The Bose 161 speakers are typically used for surround speakers instead of the mains, though. A better option may be our 301V Bookshelf speakers, since they produce a louder and fuller sound overall than the 161’s. Thank you for the question!
I Would Recommend:
- QuestionCan this speakers be used as ceiling atmos speakers? (2 Answers)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions