Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $199.00
QuestionSince these glasses do not accommodate prescription lenses, are they large enough to be worn over a pair of prescription glasses?
- Answer I went to Sams Club optical and they put My prescription in the Bose glasses
QuestionWhat does “Rated for resistance to water” really mean? What if they fall in to the pool. Can you wear them in the pool or at the beach? Thank you’
- Answer Hello Shelley, thanks for taking the time to ask a question about our Frames! The IPX2 rating for this product means that these are not water or sweat resistant, but offer protection against limited, short term exposure to water (such as splashing). As such, if taking these to the beach we would advise that you keep these away from the water to avoid any damage to the electronics. We hope this clears this up for you!
QuestionCan I get the glasses prescribed
- Answer Yes, I’ve done it and I love it! Battery life isn’t great but keep in mind that these are sunglasses first and foremost. So as sunglasses, the battery life is good, but as glasses you find yourself charging it every day for sure. I’ve only had two people realize they were Bose Frames and I’ve had them for 3/4 months now. Because they are sunglasses the frames are big, so just make sure the frames would fit your face nicely since you’ll be wearing them on a regular basis. Answering phone calls, playing music, and talk assist make it worth the trouble of getting prescribed lenses. Now I should warn you that getting any lenses that aren’t made by Bose will void the warranty (Bose does not make prescription lenses). Overall, I’ve been very happy about my purchase, can’t complain about the battery life since I’m using it more than what they intended for. There’s a small button on the frames that if you tap once, you’ll answer a phone call on the frames or play/pause track. Click it two times to skip song or three to go back a track. Hold on to it for a second and that’ll bring up talk assist (Hey Google, Siri, etc.) They is no volume button unfortunately so you’d have to use your phone to play with the volume. If you have a smart watch it’s much more convenient to control the volume there.
- Answer Hi CDL, thank you for your question. There will be some sound leakage at higher volumes.
QuestionCan someone next to me hear what I'm listening to, or is it concealed? And what if we're in a quiet room?
- Answer In a very, very quiet room, yes. In an office setting, no. Under regular circumstances, I would say no.
QuestionThe feature that I find the most attractive is the ability to connect to my smart home. The problem is that my smart home is ran on Alexa and not Google home. Can I connect to my Alexa smart home and how does that work exactly? What can I do with these
- Answer Hi Doc278, Thanks for your question. No you can't do this with the Frames. Hector B - Bose Customer Support
QuestionI want to know how many devices can be paired to bose frame at the same? can it pair pair 2 or more devices and receive and make calls from either of them?
- Answer You can pair them with up to eight (8) devices - but it will only connect to one device at a time. When powered on, it will seek the last paired device, and if it can't 'find' it, it will go to the next device in the 'list.'
QuestionWhat does augmented reality do?
- Answer Hi there! Bose AR is an audio augmented reality platform that combines the power of wearable audio products with mobile devices, and integrated apps. This then integrates a listening experience into your headset, such as giving information about your location through tour apps, or for game-play when tied to a mobile device. We would recommend that you visit a Bose store for a personal experience of Bose AR !
QuestionAre these glasses a bone-induction sort of sound, or do the arms of the glasses house a small speaker?
- Answer The arms in the glasses house the speakers.
QuestionBose® - Frames Alto Audio Sunglasses with Bluetooth Connectivity - Black Can you pair it with the Bose - Soundlink color portable speaker II; if yes, How do you pair the portable speaker with the audio sunglass
- Answer Hello, thanks for taking the time to ask a question! The Bose Frames are not able to be paired with the Soundlink Color Speaker, or to be synced up this way. We hope this clears this up for you!
- Answer Hi Sunrisejps, thank you for your question. The Frames are compatible with the iPhone X.
- Answer Changing lens is very easy. Instructions are available on-lne. Try calling around your local optomitists or labs and you can get the lense locally done quickly and reasonably priced.
QuestionCan I use my bose sunglasses with my android smart phone as a hearing aid? That is, use to amplify surrounding sounds?
- Answer No.. It won't be loud enough, unless you cover your ears into both of the speaker to amplify the sound.